Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. The time has come to install some new brake pads. Instead of just replacing boring brake pads, which shall I buy. Wilwood heavy duty brake system? Or some plain stock stuff. I find a benefit would be reducing unsprung wieght and wieght in general. My chevelle lifts a bit more off the ground since it has the wilwoods. What do you guys think for the GN?

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is text from my conversation with Rick Elam from Baer!

Can you put together a list of all of the part numbers and prices for me on the setup that you recommended? Complete with
proportioning valve and slot, drill and zinc wash all (4) rotors.
Front track system D8GG101505HN
Rear touring system D8GG106005DN
Slot, drill and zinc 0ROT12004SDZ
Prop Valve Z0ZZ17701XXX
Are the prices you quoted "List Prices" and It's up to me to find the best retailer? Or do I buy direct from Baer and that is as good as the price gets? Is there any club discount available?
[Rick Elam]
The prices I quoted are Racer Net (slightly under retail). You can purchase directly though me, or from Jack Cotton at Cottons Performance (413)789-0531. I am sure you are familiar with him!!

Thanks
Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems
(602)233-1411

We can build any of the systems on BellTech drop spindles (additional $55.00 charge), or the car could be lowered by springs (depends on how low you want it). If you go the spindle route, it lowers the car 2", where as the spring lowers it 1". If the car is street driven a lot I would probably recommend going with the springs.

The Track system is our most popular, this system features a two piston PBR caliper (with our logo on it)) mounted on a 13" x 1.10" rotor. The front system comes complete with everything needed for install including brake pads, braided brake hoses, and even comes pre-assembled on a modified stock spindle and runs $1,145.00. There is an additional $150.00 core charge added to the price for the spindles (refunded when you send us your stock spindle back, or we will leave out if you go with BellTech spindles).
As for the rear, we offer a Touring system that features a single piston PBR caliper mounted on a 12" rotor. This system also comes complete with everything including parking brake cables and runs $825.00.
Only other thing needed would be a proportioning valve for an additional $59.00
Another popular upgrade would be to slot, drill and zinc wash all (4) rotors for an additional $225.00.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was there any mention of the need[?] to change the upper control arms when using this upgraded front brake system?
Thanks
Jim

------------------
87 T-Top GN: Lots of $$$ spent...lots more to go!:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
FWIW: I use Aerospace front brakes. They stop MUCH better than stock and the weight savings was 31.5 pounds. It uses stock control arms, but requiressome grinding on the spindle. In the VERY near future I will be adding their dual caliper rear discs.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts