Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody, My name is Rich from NJ and I just bought an 86 T-type white with blue interior 71,000 original miles. It was on Craigslist for one evening and I scooped it up. I have been looking for one for a long time. It is bone stock. Just pulled out the interior today to prepare to put in new floor pans.. I will post up some pictures of how the floor is going. I will be asking a lot of questions and hopefully trying to track down some of the parts that I need to complete mine and get it roadworthy.
Thanks.

·
T-Type guy
121 Posts
Welcome to the site, let's see some pics.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shes alittle rough around the edges. Floor pans and gas tank were rusted bad. The motor seems to run real good and looks to be 100% stock with 71,000 miles. The only aftermarket part I see is a Kenne Bell cat stainless catback. I took off the driver side rear wheel and sandblasted it as an experiment and it looks awesome so I'll be doing the other ones pretty sooon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple parts im going to need pronto is front and rear filler panels, doors, miscellaneous interior parts.(seats, console, shifter knob. black headlight bezels, black grille....etc..etc..
I was checking the RPO codes and this car has a lot of awesome options such as the blackout trim package, 3.42 gears (non posi though) power antenna, power seats, windows. acoustic package. Possibly the coolest is an option number ZR6. I cant find much on it but it seems that the factory may have used it as a show vehicle. Hopefully someone has some info on this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great find! Lots of helpful people here at this forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great find! Lots of helpful people here at this forum.
Thank you!!!
So the trans am sold. Gas tank was delivered today. Waiting for the fuel pump and hot wire kit from turbo tweak. Just picked up a brand new complete floor pan from Craigslist for $300.00. The only thing I can't find is the pan for under the rear seats. That is the worst rotted of all and I can't find it. I guess if worst comes to worst ill have to check junkyards or fabricate one. Other than that everything seems to be goin good so far.

·
T-Type guy
121 Posts
grazi, the car looks good. Can you put up a pic of the wheel you blasted? I'm thinking of blasting mine some time in the near future...thanks

·
T-Type guy
121 Posts
Rich, Those are good enough, thank you for posting them.
steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. Front floor pans are done. Starting the under rear seat pans pretty soon. Put in new fuel tank,fuel pump and fuel lines and She starts right up and seems to run really good, especially for a car thr been sitting for probably years and years. After pans are done and interiors back in, I plan to start to do the bodywork, finish sandblasting wheels and clean up engine bay.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey whats up rich looks like you found a nice t type to build..
Sure did, Thanks. She needs a little TLC but so far so good. Been doing a little at a time, when work and family stuff allows. Floor pans are just about done. Welding in seat brackets and dry fitting seats tonight. Hopefully will paint interior sheetmetal in a week or two. Gas tank and fuel pump are in and she runs now. Idles really high, I think I need a new IAC valve. Cleaned up the throttle body real good. Removed powermaster and installed a new one that the previous owner gave me. I noticed that the driver side header is cracked so Ive been hitting the bolts with some PB blaster every night so I can pull it out and TIG in a gusset. Also noticed that the radiator has a leak and the electric fan motor is on its way out. May look into the F-body radiator swap. Havent done much research on that, though. One of the members on here is doing me a huge favor by giving me the under rear seat pan out if a donor car he has. To be continued.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts