Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a gn for as long as I can remember. Last week I pulled the trigger and finally have a gn in my garage. I have been reading for the past week or so and as tempted as I am to start upgrading I'm going to listen to you guys and make sure everything is running properly first. I wil be doing the "spring cleaning" that I read on gnttype this weekend. And I think the next step would be purchasing a scanmaster to make sure everything is fine. If there is anything I'm missing as a new owner that I should know about please feel free to share..
And if there is anyone on here local near miami feel free to contact me
Thanks in advance.

·
KILRV6, Chris Fasulo
54 Posts
I've owned my TR for 26 years. Been through a lot with it and have done all the work on it myself--with lots of help from the great Buick community. It is very easy to get caught up in the "go fast" stuff. If I may offer some advice, figure out what you want to do with the car. If you are not going to race it then the big $$$ go fast stuff is not needed. There are lots of solid combinations that will add to the performance but will keep it streetable. Also keep in mind these cars are all now 26+ years old. Boring stuff like engine mounts, body bushings, window seals, and suspension components need to be checked and replaced.

I am new to this forum but having owned my TR since I bought it in 1987. I have been around and have written a few articles on the TR web page--"How to Rebuild your Turbo" is one of my contributions to that page.

Welcome to the world of TRs!

Chris Fasulo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just received a copy of my vehicle invoice. It's pretty cool to see the history on your on personal car. Apparently it sold on June 9 1986 out of reef buick in lauderdale lakes, fl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts