Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place that can weld the cracks in our manifolds and do just about anything else that might require the use of MIG/TIG and plasma cutting.
Hosack Engineering
375 Carpenter Ave
Osteen,FL
407-322-2011
I broke them in by having them weld up the cat and pipe on my LT1 as it was made of that same funky stainless steel used on a TR exhaust manifold.
Dont let the appearance of the place turn you off. The owner Ken has been there since 1949 but his right hand man Randy is the welding genius.
Take some cash. They aren't expensive, they just dont like a lot of paperwork. You know how that goes.
They are right off of SR 415 on the south side of Osteen. From SR 415 turn onto Longwood Ave and head west about 200 yards. There is metal qwaunset hut type building on the corner of Longwood and Carpenter. Tell them Eric sent you. :yup:

·
Now what?
461 Posts
Eric

What kinda magic can they do? I have an old spare header in real bad shape (see picture). Think they could fix it? It would need the abominable weld ground off and probably a sleeve or cover of some sort welded over the big gaping hole.

Then again, maybe it's a piece of scrap at this point. :crazy:

Attachments

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
stickybones said:
Eric

What kinda magic can they do? I have an old spare header in real bad shape (see picture). Think they could fix it? It would need the abominable weld ground off and probably a sleeve or cover of some sort welded over the big gaping hole.

Then again, maybe it's a piece of scrap at this point. :crazy:
I'd clean it up and weld a piece of plate over the top of it.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I had a local guy weld mine. Guy has been welding everything under the sun for years. He's got a GN and twin turbo small block Gremlin he drives on the streets :) Here is the bridge he made for my header..

Before cermatic coat...

After coating it...

Put it on the car in April and maybe 300 miles on the car so far and it looks like I installed it yesterday. I'm runnin 24psi of boost with Alky. I also have the poly driver side motor mount so my engine dont' move much. But I think it's the only way to weld these headers! Bring it to Hooperfest and I'll see if he can fix it! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts