Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find someone who works on these cars in the western Pa. area. I am willing to pay, just starting to get frustrated with this thing before I part out! I am located in Cranberry Pa. just outside of Pittsburgh. Anyone who knows anybody please let me know. Willing to trailer car within a reasonable distance. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
what exactlys wrong with the car?

ive done some stuff for local guys

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Popping at 4200 rpm. Car war running great then started this. Changed ign. module, coil, checked all voltage everything except for computer. Just can't seem to figure it out. Went through all grounds and conections, sensors ect. I am going to get a new computer with drivers next. Just can't pinpoint the problem? I made no changes to car before this started :dunno:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
4200 rpms @ what boost level?
Fuel pressure (static) and WOT?
What valve springs and how old?
What sparkplugs and gap?
What are your scantools readings?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
8d7 gn said:
Popping at 4200 rpm. Car war running great then started this. Changed ign. module, coil, checked all voltage everything except for computer. Just can't seem to figure it out. Went through all grounds and conections, sensors ect. I am going to get a new computer with drivers next. Just can't pinpoint the problem? I made no changes to car before this started :dunno:

just give steve wood and ed any info they ask for and you can fix it yourself with their help

look what they have done with chris garret :sw:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Check the crank sensor. If it's the old design with the 2-piece retention you need to replace it anyway. I found a bad one on a customer's car a few weeks back when I scoped the crank sensor input to the ICM, signal went nuts around 4k RPM. It was the newer design, but someone had set the air gap improperly and caused light damage to the sensor. Check the tabs on the back of the balancer as well. If you don't have it fixed by next month I pass near Pittsburgh on my way to Salem for the BPG event, and may be able to check it out. If not, you can just drive it out to Salem next month and there will be more than enough people present that are qualified to help you get the issues resolved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts