Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am located in the Bay Area Cali..Any good resources and mechanics out here to work on my 87 GN? Not too much of a wrencher just simple stuff like oil changes and what not..My GN needs a tune up. Just got it not to long ago but don't know much about em...I have a scanmaster and knock gauge. Bigger turbo and bigger injectors not installed on car yet. Turbo is a slightly used GT 6152 Turbo. Car also came with LS1 maf and translator already installed..I also have the extender chip in the car.The car runs OK but a little rich to me..I know it's not running to it's full potential...Anyway I need some help Thanks...Noobie to the TR scene...Thanks..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no love??

Point me in the right direction at least? I'll do what ever the gurus suggest.. :fouetaa: I'll do it all myself...I ain't scared...It's not an everyday driver..Any write ups on how to install scanmaster? and what all I need to be looking for when hooked up...Thanks

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hey

for installing the scan master just search- theres atleast 5 threads with info all about installation and use of the scanmaster. then once its installed go take it for a ride and record some numbers at idle, at cruise, and at WOT and let us know then we can go from there

nice looking GN by the way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay..I'll start there...

Thanks...for the reply and I did do a search...Found out what I needed to do...Will post again when done..

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Welcome! Go to GNTTYPE.org & do the Spring Cleaning. That place is our Turbo Buick Bible! Tons of reading material there. Also Steve's site Vortexbuicks is great. He's the guy with 20,000 posts+ so he's easy to find here! :cheers:

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
Just a Six?? said:
Welcome! Go to GNTTYPE.org & do the Spring Cleaning. That place is our Turbo Buick Bible! Tons of reading material there. Also Steve's site Vortexbuicks is great. He's the guy with 20,000 posts+ so he's easy to find here! :cheers:
Make that 26,000+ posts! :yup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check to see how your Translator is set up, remove the 4 screws on the top cover, inside there are 4 small switches & 2 dial knobs that you need to adjust to your cars needs. There are instructions on what to do on the web site for Fullthrottle & Speed shop out of Detroit, Mi. The adjustments are for diffrent maf sensors 3", 3 1/2" & 85mm. The dials alow you to adjust the wot fuel from lean 14 percent to rich 14 percent & adjust idle rich to lean 6 percent. The extender chip adjustments are also on this site. Get it set right & hang on!! I hope this helps you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts