Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first tr a few months back and am learning that the car was modified by the previous owner. I am trying to figure out whats been changed and what hasnt...The car has an exhaust leak and Ive been trying to figure out if the headers are stock or some type of aftermarket units. Im positive the downpipe and turbo arent factory but are the headers???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i knew about the intercooler...i wish the previous owner knew more about the mods...original owner did it all and the guy never asked him exactly what he changed so now im left guessing

·
Registered
133 Posts
Check the number on the side of the injectors. Let us know what they are and also what chip is in the ecm. Take a pic of both if possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
the injectors from what I can tell are 42lbs. D3181AA...I havent gotten the chance to get at the computer yet to check the chip...Im sure its got one cause the car moves out nicely....found a ar.55 stamped on turbo housing also, thats larger then stock right?? Overview of the mess I have to clean up...its very unorganized, I like things neat lol

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
If it hasn't got a Turbotweak chip...order one from Eric.

·
Registered
133 Posts
stock maf, stock brakes, stock coilpak, different downpipe, turbo is possible aftermarket, better take some pictures of the blades on the compressor side an pm them to bison on the other board, along with the numbers stamped on the ex housing an compressor housing and anything else on that turbo.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I'm not familiar with that chip. 19-20 degrees timing for 42 lb injectors. Post on the other board...Bison should be able to decipher that turbo for you. When you find out exactly everything you have...and your goals...then order a chip from Eric.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Boost solenoid is not hooked up in first pic, you have a recent accumulator on the power master which is good. When you press the brakes you should hear the power master motor run on every 2nd to 3rd press of the brake pedal with engine running. It is a common mod to ditch the PM and get either vacuum brakes or hydroboost (like I did). Also most of us run a dedicated wire (hotwire we call it) from the back of the alternator to the fuel pump. You might also want to replace the fuel pump if it's age is unknown as they tend to go bad and lean out the motor at just the wrong time. Then you learn how to replace head gaskets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts