Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well after thinking about getting rid of my 86 thunderbird i decided to keep it and do it up :headbang: im not a big ford fan but i figure itll be something different :cheers: so here are my plans

D-1SC procharger, custom front mount IC, gt40 heads, cobra intake, forged crank and pistons, roller cam and rockers, sumped tank with an aeromotive pump, and im thinking 42# injectors

im also planning on doing a tko 5 speed swap- i have a 8.8 rear out of a turbo coupe to put in it.

i know some of you dabble in fords- i was just wondering what brand and compression ration pistons to use- brand for rods and crank, what cam to use, what ratio rockers

and i wanted to see if im on the right path with this one

oh yeah and about the front mount- the way the grill is designed on the 86 t bird- its begging for a front mount :sw:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

cmon i know theres some guys that own fast fords around here- ive been to the mustang boards but they are arrogant assholes- if its not a mustang they dont wanna hear about it. and on the thunderbird forums all anyone knows about really is turbo coupes.

·
RIP Nick Picozzi
2,311 Posts
Finsh the buick first :mad: Donate it to my fire house we will let you light it on fire then put it out for training thats what you need to do with it :usa: :yup:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just because itll smoke your ty when im done is no reason to come here and be gay jim :poon:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
ford advice.. i'm the master of all ford advice. first find a cliff. start the car rev it out high (you know cleaning it out) have someone you dont like throw the car in drive and instantly.. the ford is taken care of!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
leave the damm car alone.. having 2 project cars suck ya dry faster than one :yup: ... and even if ya did do it it still isn't goin to go :dunno: :sw:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
You're all gay. Fords are cool too. I've owned plenty of them. Let the boy alone. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
ok,ok,ok,ill admit it... im gay.... a lesbian trapped in a mans body... :poon:
i cant quip with the guy tho... i just sold my norm asp mustand ran 12.30s no boost.. all eng...thats not too bad..but as far as stuff.. summit has a whole section dedicated to the mustang... 5.0 l. stuff... for a super charger pistons... depends on what boost... same thing as a (dare i say it in the same breath) a ..a turbo regal...if you want boost and alot of it...8 to 8.5 to 1 if a subtle 10 lbs will git er done,9 to 9.5 maybe 10 to 1.cam,i had the x 303,pretty cool lumpy cam... but the smaller b or e 303 cams would be more suited for boost because of the smaller overlaps...and duration...the turbo coupe is slightly wider than the mustang rears and has better gears... 373 stock from the automatic if my memory isnt fooling me... and for a block or heads... get an explorer 5.0.... have the x heads already on em and a shorter version of the gt 40 intake... flows better right off the bat.not a roller motor or forged pistons like the 86 to 93 fox engs...but still a good start.just a thought... and the explorer rax will fit as well with a few mods...opens up for more ratios..but the turbo coupe should have disk on it already.good luck.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2blue87s said:
ok,ok,ok,ill admit it... im gay.... a lesbian trapped in a mans body... :poon:
i cant quip with the guy tho... i just sold my norm asp mustand ran 12.30s no boost.. all eng...thats not too bad..but as far as stuff.. summit has a whole section dedicated to the mustang... 5.0 l. stuff... for a super charger pistons... depends on what boost... same thing as a (dare i say it in the same breath) a ..a turbo regal...if you want boost and alot of it...8 to 8.5 to 1 if a subtle 10 lbs will git er done,9 to 9.5 maybe 10 to 1.cam,i had the x 303,pretty cool lumpy cam... but the smaller b or e 303 cams would be more suited for boost because of the smaller overlaps...and duration...the turbo coupe is slightly wider than the mustang rears and has better gears... 373 stock from the automatic if my memory isnt fooling me... and for a block or heads... get an explorer 5.0.... have the x heads already on em and a shorter version of the gt 40 intake... flows better right off the bat.not a roller motor or forged pistons like the 86 to 93 fox engs...but still a good start.just a thought... and the explorer rax will fit as well with a few mods...opens up for more ratios..but the turbo coupe should have disk on it already.good luck.

thanks- thats exactly what i was looking for

and grumpy- i know 2 project cars will suck me dry. but sometimes i got bored working on the buick every damn day- its just work ontop of work, i need somthing to get a break from the buick with. and i love the t bird- its just so 80s big and boxy like my GN.

anyway yeah the TC rear is a 3.73 trac lock with disk brakes. i got most of the stuff for dirt cheap- turbo coup interior 100$, then as a package deal i got the posi rear, everything i needed to install it,turbo coup hood, some interior peices, a taurus electric fan for 300$.

my friends got a newer GT with a vortech supercharger on it and its a fun car. i figure over the winter when i drive my truck and seans painting my GN i can build the motor for the t bird and put it in and have it done by the time i get the GN back

any other help is apreciated :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You can get a 347 stroker kit pretty cheap, I have the link somewhere. I've been wanting to put one together to test in a friend's 84 GT. Last 302 I put together for him went [email protected] NA, had a Comp cam ground to my specs, and I did some head porting & bowl work. He nuked the T-5 so I helped him swap a TKO 600 in, the 8.8 rear has taken the abuse of 5k RPM clutch dumps on slicks without a whimper. One forced induction car is enough to keep you occupied, have some fun with an NA car :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NJBuickRacer said:
You can get a 347 stroker kit pretty cheap, I have the link somewhere. I've been wanting to put one together to test in a friend's 84 GT. Last 302 I put together for him went [email protected] NA, had a Comp cam ground to my specs, and I did some head porting & bowl work. He nuked the T-5 so I helped him swap a TKO 600 in, the 8.8 rear has taken the abuse of 5k RPM clutch dumps on slicks without a whimper. One forced induction car is enough to keep you occupied, have some fun with an NA car :)
thanks!!

see theres this guy im friends with he has a 95 Z28- he just dumped 23K into a stroker motor, and runs like 12.8 i keep busting his balls about how he got ripped spending 23K to shave half a second off his times. and he tells me how ugly the t bird is and how i could never get that thing into the 11s- its like a pissing match, and i always have to win. he got his camaro- it smoked my 92 camaro, so i got my GN and smoked his camaro then my GN blew up and he dumped all the money into his camaro but still couldnt run as fast as my GN did

but anyway i just miss having a V8 car and i got this thing for dirt cheap and kinda like it. maybe i will go NA with it- but the procharger is just sooooo sexy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts