Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PTE high volume front timing cover and need to replace the crank seal. PTE has the seal but I would like to purchase it locally if I can. I have tried to cross the number on the seal
(B 231-710613) with National, Pioneer, etc no luck. Does anyone know how to cross this number and who sells it? Thanks CT

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I bought my high volume cover from Modern Muscle awhile back. Not sure if its the same one PTE sells. The seal is made by: Silver Seal Products 1-800-521-2936

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Chris, I just went threw that whole BS looking for the same seal . no cross on number with any manufactor . go directly to "Silver Seal" part number is #6573. Some vendors do carry it . Good luck.

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited January 19, 2002).]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent a e-mail to Silver Seal and will follow up with a call Monday. Who makes the front covers?

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello,

Your are speaking of the front cover main seal that is installed from the out side? If so you are able to purchase this at autozone, advance auto parts. It sells as a front cover kit for $8.00 or just a seal for $13.00 (yes pay more for less) plus they will tell you they will have to order just a seal with out telling to the kit is cheaper and in stock. They sell the one that have the metal ring on it and the plain rubber one. Just some advice place thin layer of grease on inner lip and sealer on the outer edge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered the seal from Silver Seal. This seal instlls in the front not in the back like the OE style cover. This is a after market timing cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.