Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 87 we4 that I do not know what has been done to it. I checked the fuel pressure and it was at 45# it was running a little rich, I backed it offto 40, anything below that it falls on its face under quick accel. I need to know how to tell what injectors are on the car so I can tell what to and to not move up to (injector size wise)?????? I have a 233 fuel reg on there that is adjustable.Can anybody help or give some good advise? help

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Well first I would set the fuel pressure at 43 PSI with the line off and leave it there. Next would be to ID your injectors by numbers on the side or appearance. You should also find out what chip is in the car and specifics. What mods? Do you have a scan-tool?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the chip is a hypertech and yep I do have a scan tool. as far as anything not listed in my descrip I could not tell ya.. Thanks

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Get the numbers off the injectors and post here or a pic/description. I would lose the Hypertech chip when you get the injectors figured out. Being as it is a Hypertech my guess is stock Bosch injectors since they didn't do larger size injectors. May be time to upgrade both at once and get what you can for these items.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/injflow.html

According to the numbers you sent me they are stockers:

Bosch (Stock GN) 0-280-150-218 29.8 lbs/hr

If I were to upgrade to spend only once I would get the 50 lb. Delphis or 57 lb. Siemens. Many people out there to do a good set of chips for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts