Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that someone out there can give me a hand... I want to build a 10 sec. motor, but only have experience with the big blocks (455 buick). Where can I go to get info on these things? Any good books? Who sells the parts? As you can tell, I'm very new to the turbo six, but have been admiring what it can do for a long time. I would really appreciate a shove in the right direction. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Here's a good starting place
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

read the various recipes listed here. Don't spend any money until you have looked around and fully understand what you are going to do and really need.

Also, be forewarned that once you hit the high tens, the ground starts getting shaky and expensive. About 10.8, in my opinion, is where you start breaking more than stays together so don't rush any until you know what you are doing. Mid 11s are pretty easy and pretty reliable if everything is done correctly.

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Have to agree 100% with what Steve said..

As for where to get the parts.. I see that you are in Ohio.. There are a TON of TRs in Ohio that are running low 11s and way faster.. I'd start by giving Red Armstrong a call, as he should be able to get you anything you'd need [and tell you what you wont need] and if not will find you someone who can. Vince Janis [in Ohio] Transmission rebuild if you haven't yet done yours, is a good idea if you are doing a 10 sec buildup..

Another vendor who is second to none for awesome service and buying parts is Jack Cotton. I think he is in Massachusetts.

------------------
DTA... don't trust anybody...
- - - - - -
Steve Ruston
1989 Mustang LX Coupe
5 speed, mostly stock w/ small mods... For now anyway :D
1976 Chev Caprice Classic,
96000 miles, Red, 400 SBC, TH 350, BIG heavy chrome bumpers..
Daily driver, parts chaser, traffic buster & your worst nightmare if you park too close to me at Walmart :D
1987 Turbo Limited--> Sold Nov 2001

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the help! I know that there are a lot of people with some fast cars up this way... I saw one guy run 8.93 and beat a blown big block chevy up at quaker city in Salem, OH. I actually don't have a GN. I am looking for a motor to build to put into my '97 chevy S-10. I plan to 4-link and tub it, and build it to bracket race. My dad and I have been putting together a '65 with a 462 buick, he has a '70 stage one that he races, and my mom just bought a t-bucket with a 350 buick that runs high 10's. So, you can see that we are a Buick family, if there ever was one. I just wanted to do something a little different. Hopefully nobody will be offended that I'm using a chevy body. Hey, if buick only built a pickup, I wouldn't have to!Thanks for all the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts