Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put new valve springs ( sealed power) vs677. also put on ATR dual three inch dual exhaust. The problem is , I started the car up and it seams to have a miss to it now???? the engine seems to shake more now than it used to. any suggestions would be great. I checked fuel pressure, and firing order and they are both right . does the car have to break in the new springs ,or drive it around alittle. have not took it for a drive yet? I dont want to tear anything up. I also put in new valve stem seals , on the intake valves. another note , I did reuse the factory cups and factory keepers on the new springs. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS ALOT EVERYONE

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS john but i checked the plug wires. I will check the pcv. The bad thing is that , I did not do anthing and the car ran smooth and idled smooth before???????do you have to change fuel pressure or anything else when you put on bigger exhaust??????? more help please!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
If you're sure that the plug wires are all on right,try pulling the vacuum hose off of the regulator vacuum port and see if it smooths out.
You might need to add a few #'s F/P to compensate for the larger exhaust and lower exhaust restriction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks radius kid , I will try that >>>> any other ideas????? dunno dunno dunno

·
Registered
97 Posts
Please, please, please double & tripple check your spark plug wires. Make sure you have them in the right order. Also, check in the dark for any arching. Let us know the outcome...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well heres an update !!! tested everything under the sun, injectors , ign. wires, so I pulled a compression test on the # 5 clyd and got 00000 compression!!!! So I pulled the valve cover, and the rocker bar and checked the push rod on the #5 cyld and one is bent!!! what would cause this????? just changed valve springs, even though it took me two weeks, I was very careful. what bent the pushrod??? should I just replace those two or all of them on that side? please respond THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please some one give me some help...
should I just put one new push rod in and go ?? what can I do to prevent this from happening again??? Thanks again :p :p

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yep, you are going to have to start by changing the bent rod...and you are going to have to look around and try to figure out how it could have been bent. Turn the engine over by hand after you put it in and make sure everything is moving properly. Check that rocker tip for damage

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok I will put a new push rod in and turn the motor over by hand.. do I have to take out all of the plugs for this??????? just wondering because I just put them in!!! thanks again for the reply steve you are always helping us !!!!! I am still learning alot! checked the rocker and lifter and everything looks ok... usa

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
make it easy and just disconnect the orange wire by the battery and turn it over on the starter. That will keep it from starting...get someone to turn the key for you while you look...

Not sure what bent the rod...had to be something wrong..maybe the push rod was on the edge of the lifter, or something. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Alot STEVE!!! I Will reasemble tonight and try to run again. wish me luck !!! headbang

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Hold on. Before you simply replace the pushrod, take a hammer and lightly thump the top of the valves on #5. This will make them seat. Hook up air to that cylinder and see if any is escaping. If so, then there could be worse problems. Verify this first. If this is ok, then swap the pushrod and cross your fingers. I drove a Mark VII 300 miles with a bent pushrod once and after finding it, replaced it and the car ran fine. It was due to a timing belt breaking and the valvetrain got a little out of time. eek!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
You probably didn't have that particular push rod seated in the cup of the lifter and when the motor first spun over it bent the pushrod b/c of coil bind. Not a big deal, just insall a new pushrod.

powersix Hope that helps powersix

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Orlando_87GN ]</small>

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR RESPONSES AND HELP!!!!! MY T-TYPE IS ALIVE AND WELL AGAIN!!! It sounds great through that 3" atr stainless duals, man am I STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!! headbang powersix

1 - 15 of 15 Posts