Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New to the forum but have been doing a lot of reading on here. Drove the gn home tonight after a meet and had the high beams on. Went to go turn them back to low beams and they wouldn't do it. I didn't hear any click in the lever either. Every time I went to pull it i back, the lever wouldn't click and the high beams would just stay on. Then about 1-2 minutes later, still driving, the headlights all together started to flicker on and off randomly, then i started to smell something burning electrically from around the steering column. I pulled over and turned the lights off and the smell went away. Tried driving it again and as soon as i got up to highway speeds the lights began to flicker again (all while still having the high beams stuck on). Had it towed home. Going to look at it in the morning. Guessing the relay or something else went bad. Thoughts?

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts
It sure sounds like the dimmer switch in the column took a crap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what it ended up being. scared the crap out of me when the lights started flickering and i smelled something burning. Pretty easy repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts