Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this in the transmission section but I didn't get any response sp I'm going to try again here.

I need pictures or a description of how the transmission cooler lines are routed from the radiator to the transmission. My old lines were bent up by the person who took out the motor who will not be available for the next 11 months.

I'm pretty sure the lines can be bent back if I knew how they went...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
How's this?

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've got that figure, but it doesn't make it clear where the lines go once they leave bracket #4.

The big question I have is do the lines go over, under or through the crossmember?

Also what bolt does bracket #4 screw into?

Hopefully this will all be a clearer when I get the car on the lift and look at from below with the clip and bracket...

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
They go over the crossmember. I believe bracket #4 attaches to one of the oil pan bolts. Not positive, since I never had it on my car.

·
Banned
1,289 Posts
chrisgarrett46 IS correct. Brkt #4 Is held in place with an oil pan bolt. :D

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
over cross member the bracket is right at that point..they also go thru(over) your crossover pipe...be carfull when re-bending them and make sure you have no kinks..to restrict flow... use a tube bender if you have one...I am going to do new ones...bend my own to mke it easier next time I need to pull my motor

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I really wish I had invested in braided fuel lines under the hood. I purchased the oem hoses from Kirban, and while they are good guality, they are a royal pain. They are very difficult to manipulate for things like loosening the cam sensor bolt, installing the front cover, or God forbid you should try to remove the fuel pressure regulator or the intake. They are such a heavy grade of steel, that they cannot be moved once in place. I hate them and wish I had ss braided.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's what I wound up with. Other than needing a coupling, is there anything glaringly wrong with this?

I'm sure they are supposed to be tight to the oil pan rail (and straight) but I'll fine tune once I'm sure its basically correct.

Attachments

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
nope looks fine to me...and chris thanks for the idea to go with SS braided fuel lines...you are right the solid lines are a PIA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts