Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys have any Idea on were I can find a part called a hydro boost or something like that for my brakes? I really need one. New or used. Thanks

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Your signature says you have an 1986. They came with Powermaster brakes or Vacuum brake conversion. Hydroboost is another animal.

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Pics needed to identify the system. Probably a Powermaster system. Hope you got deep pockets for this one. Check the usual places for parts including Grumpy, G-Body, Eric Fisher etc. You may only need a switch or accumulator ball. Hard to diagnose without pics and trouble shooting.

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Hissin' Buford said:
Pics needed to identify the system. Probably a Powermaster system. Hope you got deep pockets for this one. Check the usual places for parts including Grumpy, G-Body, Eric Fisher etc. You may only need a switch or accumulator ball. Hard to diagnose without pics and trouble shooting.
Edit the above. Looks like you got help, thats good.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
hydroboost is a type of braking system which is what our cars have except we call it powermaster..I believe that cardone still make remanfacture units and may still have a few new ones around..at least thet did the last time I checked...most common proplem is the accumulator ball loses its charge

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It says for 84-85. And besides, dont they have conversion kits? Sorry, but I'm a rookie when it comes to this stuff. Dont really know what to search for and I dont have my car with me to take pics. Just looking for the quickest and easiest way out of this mess.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
thought 84-85 had hydroboost and 86-87 had powermaster your sig said 86 but that you had 87 parts unless it was converted from powermaster to hydroboost.

·
Registered
59 Posts
switch it over to vacuum for less than a $120 and forget about it.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
switch it over to vacuum for less than a $120 and forget about it.
Unless you want the car to hold boost at the line on the strip. :yup:
I got into a friends 10 sec TR that had a Hydraboost on it and he put the brake on hard then boosted it up. The car didn't budge even at 20 psi. :eek!:
:headbang:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts