Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you local fellas have an engine hoist and some free time on Saturday? Just a couple more bolts to turn and this pup is ready to go back home. The hoist we used to take the motor out is no longer available. If nobody around here has one I'll be renting for the day....this gots to get DONE!!!

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
I have one...but England is playing in world cup at 9:00am...I can bring it over later

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
gbsean said:
England is playing in world cup at 9:00am...
hehehehe....they play with their BALLS... :D

·
15,681 Posts
F you huber....at least I still have mine :)

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
OH MY HE CALLED THAT ONE! :kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HEHEHE....balls. I always thought soccer was for puuuuu.......reeeeeeally nice guys with engine jacks!! :D

·
15,681 Posts
Aaron B said:
HEHEHE....balls. I always thought soccer was for puuuuu.......reeeeeeally nice guys with engine jacks!! :D

what is really funny is the USA is ranked higher than ENGLAND :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Hey Aaron... I have two hoists here but Seans are closer to you!!! I have to cook Saturday for Tims Graduation party or I'd be there...You did mention Breakfast...didn't you??? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Hey Aaron - if you had a way to get it up there you can borrow mine. Not like its done much since the one engine I swapped like 2 years ago.

·
Mad Scientist
494 Posts
I don't have a hoist, but I gotta get in on this project anyway. Let me know when.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to post back here....gbsean came through. He's dropping it off tonight. He da man. :headbang: :6: :cheers: :headbang:
Chuck....we're gonna be working on it Saturday. You're more than welcome to swing on out. I'll let you know what time we're starting. Probably mid to late morning.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Aaron B said:
I'll let you know what time we're starting. Probably mid to late morning.
Slackers.... :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1970gsx said:
Slackers.... :D
He lives an hour away :dunno: Plus he's a FORD guy...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Charles...we should be starting within a half hour or so. Feel free to stop by.

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Did you know???

That the guy that invented the engine hoist, then invented the PUICK V-sicks?? Seems he wasn't selling enough hoists. :D

Given you are a PUICK person, maybe a trip to the local Northern Hyd store, for a hoist, would be a good investment.....You WILL need it again, Likely sooner, than later!! :sw: said so.

·
Which Mackey is that?
1,509 Posts
Old Buzzard said:
That the guy that invented the engine hoist, then invented the PUICK V-sicks?? Seems he wasn't selling enough hoists. :D

Given you are a PUICK person, maybe a trip to the local Northern Hyd store, for a hoist, would be a good investment.....You WILL need it again, Likely sooner, than later!! :sw: said so.
:sw: :sw: :sw: :sw:

WhaaaaT? Does anybody here understand what the hell this means???? :dunno: :D

John :6:

·
Mad Scientist
494 Posts
WTF???? That seemed a little out of line. :dunno:

Damn Aaron, I guess I sould have checked in before 4PM. If you're still playing with it tomorrow maybe I can come over and play then. :usa:

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
It's a...

racemybuick said:
:sw: :sw: :sw: :sw:

WhaaaaT? Does anybody here understand what the hell this means???? :dunno: :D

John :6:
A joke....... :yup:
Never heard about the connection between engine hoists, and Buicks??? I guess you've not had the pleasure, as often as some have.... :dunno: :D

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
So Aaron - is it running yet?!? I gave the dealer the go-ahead to fix my GTP, so once I get it back and run it for a bit, it'll be time to get the supercharger a nose job.

BTW - the superchargers are known to rattle, a nylon coupler that connects the nose shaft to the rotors wears out and gets play in it. If you take the supercharger belt off, see if the pulley has any play when you turn it. If so just get one on ebay for $20. Mine actually has only a little bit of play, and it's been rattling for 2+ years now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts