Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a piece of sheet metal (steel or aluminum) to use as a blockoff plate for the heater box in our Grassroots Challenge car. I already have a paper template made up, I just need the metal.

Every dollar we spend on the car (only $2006 allowed) counts, so that's why I'm hoping to find some junk metal (junk doesn't get counted towards the budget).

Does anyone have or know where a junk refridgerator, washing machine, or stove is? I could cut off one of the sides and use that for my material.

Thanks,
-Banning.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Just go to Hoopers and cut the side off his fridge in the garage.. he'll never know! :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
J Banning said:
I'm looking for a piece of sheet metal (steel or aluminum) to use as a blockoff plate for the heater box in our Grassroots Challenge car. I already have a paper template made up, I just need the metal.

Every dollar we spend on the car (only $2006 allowed) counts, so that's why I'm hoping to find some junk metal (junk doesn't get counted towards the budget).

Does anyone have or know where a junk refridgerator, washing machine, or stove is? I could cut off one of the sides and use that for my material.

Thanks,
-Banning.

What size do you need?

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
H/OtoGN said:
What size do you need? About how thick/thin?
Yeah...what he said!!!

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
jhuber said:
Yeah...what he said!!!

Yeah what Huber and Curt both said. :D :D

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
repeat...have access to hoods trunk lids...what gauge to you need

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
26x16"

I think Huber has me covered.

-Banning.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
...my fridge was that exact size!!! :cheers:

Banning, how does this look?? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
GrndNatnl said:
Grab a few traffic lights too. No shortage of those.
especially down in deleware- you guys have like 15 of them hanging from a little wire across a 2 land road.

consider it a public service- your lightning the line up so it doesnt snap and then they will loose all of them :usa:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
there is a refrigerator out for garbage pick up on my street I could zip down there with my wizzer wheel or just take the door and you cut it

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, but I'm already planing on getting a piece from Huber on Saturday.

Perhaps I could use a spare piece of sheetmetal though in case I need to patch something else on the car... :wink:

Can you bring it to the next meet?

·
Registered
298 Posts
OK, Fudds in Turnerville? Or I can bring it across the Bridge, I'm 5 minutes from the D.M.B.. Salem county

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm gonna try and make it to Fudds on Sunday, but I'm not 100% sure if that's gonna happen. With all the travel and club/racing stuff going on lately I've gotten behind on a lot of other stuff.

I will be crossing the DMB Saturday morning and coming back around noon. Perhaps we can get together then?

I'll PM you my cell phone #.

-Banning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts