Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Bought an 87 Grand national last week and my driver seat was ripped up when i got it. where can i get a new one?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Aftermarket or original Grand National one?

Mike McCoy and Brian Weavy sell used parts and deal mostly out of turbobuick.com another Buick website.

Do a search for their names and send them an email, they can hook you up with a used original one.

Aftermarket vendors are, Recaro, Corbeau, and Scat Procar.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Do you need a new seat or just new covers?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do not reccomend the Poston seat cover unless you have a problem with your vision and can't distinguish colors to begin with!! When i ordered a front seat cover, they mentioned something about the colors being off or something like that, but the salesperson quickly dismissed it as being fixed. When i got the seat in the mail and opened the package up, i knew something wasn't right. The center gray area looked way too dark, almost like a graphite or something. The stock seat is a very light gray, almost whitish. I brought the seat out to the car to compare, and needless to say, i was pissed!! (the angry youth losing control again...)I sent it back, and after examining it, i really wasn't that pleased with it's construction and over all feel, it just didn't seem right. That happened in prob the middle of march, so maybe they changed, but that's just my $.02

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
I just got my sets of seat covers from Jax.

Holy Cow!!! They must be original GN covers and materials. They're beautiful!!!!!

------------------
TurboDave & Kathy Huinker, mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing
Lone Rock, WI
86 GN[email protected](MM/MAF Xlator/Extender,MM BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 Z28 L69
01 Excursion LTD TTS"race" chip 7.3L PSD(power stroke diesel) Turbo 4X2
My photo albums

·
Registered
743 Posts
Isn't there supposed to be a crease on the front seats that is not in the pictures on jax's site? I'm not sure because my seats are not original either and look like the ones in the pictures(possibly the same ones).

Although, no one has ever noticed and I think the quality is great. The material my seats are made of look almost exactly like my stock rear seat. The only thing I notice is that the stock material is softer and gets darker when I brush it with my hands(if that makes sense). I'll have to bug the last owner and find out if they are the Jax models.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The original material has been very hard to find, impossible perhaps....

But there is some that is extremely close. Keep in mind that the 15 year old material in the car is not quite stock color as it has faded and is a bit lighter, normally.

It seemed to be a bit more greenish gray when new, I think..

Jax has a good reputation. There used to be other sources before the material ran out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts