Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to put some new seals in it. Might as well put bearings in too. Were can I get parts at? It's a PT-54

TIA
Mike

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to try it. Is there anyhing I should know? I don't need to re-balance the wheels unless one is damnaged but everything looked good when I put it on a few weeks back. I did notice the oil in the housing an figured it would need seals soon. It started to smoke this week so I want to get it fixed asap :yup:

·
dismember
293 Posts
If your turbo is smoking, I would tell it that, "It'll kill ya'." :sw: That's what my parents always said when they caught me smoking.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
YI_work said:
I'd like to try it. Is there anyhing I should know? I don't need to re-balance the wheels unless one is damnaged but everything looked good when I put it on a few weeks back. I did notice the oil in the housing an figured it would need seals soon. It started to smoke this week so I want to get it fixed asap :yup:
I'll be rebuilding mine shortly. Can't be that hard, you should pull the compressor off first.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forzfed said:
I'll be rebuilding mine shortly. Can't be that hard, you should pull the compressor off first.
Yeah I did that before I put it on the car, made it easier to clean up the housing. Looks pretty straight forward just wasn't sure it there is something to look out for. Did you buy your parts already?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I'll probably order my parts next week from John Craig. The compressor just started to touch the housing, so it shouldn't be too bad. This is for my TE-44. I want to see low 11's with this thing before I upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts