Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 11 months of ownership, 3 months doing the mechanical restoration, and a long, but needed visit to Anderson's, my car is on the road and running great :D. I want to again thank Billy and Jeff for all of their hard work getting the car where it needed to be. It was definitely an electrical problem child. Had to make some changes like a new oil pump/cover, external wastegate, and some trans updates to keep everything ticking. It made 403rwhp 380ftlbs on the dyno (18psi, 93oct only, unlocked converter). Also did some cosmetic updates as well. This past Sunday I attended my first car show with her.

It was mobbed at one point :eek!:

·
Registered
947 Posts
T

Unique color too very nice:cheers:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks great.... my car will never be done. LOL

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :). Couple more minor things to do yet but I'm glad it doesn't live on the trailer anymore. Look forward to attending some events next year.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I call it "done" because my wallet is empty :(. Still need drag radials for the T wheels, window tint redone, new antenna, new speakers, things like that. May get it to the strip in the spring. Billy seemed to think mid-low 11's are possible but I built it more as a fun street car than a drag car.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Looking good can't wait to see it in person!

The mob around the car was just people saying... I can't believe this guy painted a Grand National burgundy and put a grey interior in it! :D

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good can't wait to see it in person!

The mob around the car was just people saying... I can't believe this guy painted a Grand National burgundy and put a grey interior in it! :D
Your probably right Jim :rolleyes:. I did have my window sticker and build sheet displayed so there shouldn't have been any confusion, in theory. Actually most of the questions I got were about the 4.1. "I thought all of these had a 3.8?". "Yes, but this one is special :D".

·
Registered
123 Posts
Billy's estimate is probably damn close. My car made 370 rwhp, I think around 400 lb*ft and he guessed low 12s / high 11s. With a good driver, he's spot on.

Congrats on getting it all ready; if you're up for a trip to Cars & Coffee (in Great Falls, VA) then we could meet up one morning and bring both Buicks.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Billy's estimate is probably damn close. My car made 370 rwhp, I think around 400 lb*ft and he guessed low 12s / high 11s. With a good driver, he's spot on.

Congrats on getting it all ready; if you're up for a trip to Cars & Coffee (in Great Falls, VA) then we could meet up one morning and bring both Buicks.
I think I have the video of your car at the open house. Was that run with alky? Looks like I'm making similar power but at less boost without the alky. I could add alky and crank it up but I run the risk of cracking a piston or splitting the block in half :eek!:. It's plenty fast as is. Great falls is a bit of a haul but not out of the question.

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
"TNKTWCE" on the plates, love it !!!

Chuck

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think I have the video of your car at the open house. Was that run with alky? Looks like I'm making similar power but at less boost without the alky. I could add alky and crank it up but I run the risk of cracking a piston or splitting the block in half :eek!:. It's plenty fast as is. Great falls is a bit of a haul but not out of the question.
Mine was on the dyno that day, I think it made just over 300 rwhp. It showed how much hot weather affects these things... just a few months earlier, when it wasn't 95* outside, the exact same tune put down 330 rwhp (I think). I left it at Anderson's after the open house for a new transmission, injectors, and SLIC; it made 370 / 425 when I picked it up next time.

I was looking at this thread at work before, and the pictures of your car didn't load. That thing is beautiful! Enjoy it, it looks like it was done right and done well.

On second thought, maybe we don't go to Great Falls together... you're going to make mine look like a hunk of crap. :wink:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Mine was on the dyno that day, I think it made just over 300 rwhp. It showed how much hot weather affects these things... just a few months earlier, when it wasn't 95* outside, the exact same tune put down 330 rwhp (I think). I left it at Anderson's after the open house for a new transmission, injectors, and SLIC; it made 370 / 425 when I picked it up next time.

I was looking at this thread at work before, and the pictures of your car didn't load. That thing is beautiful! Enjoy it, it looks like it was done right and done well.

On second thought, maybe we don't go to Great Falls together... you're going to make mine look like a hunk of crap. :wink:
Thanks :). The paint and interior were new when I got the car. It was stripped to the metal and redone about 2 years ago. Besides the work that Anderson did, everything else I did on my own on weekends over about 3 months. Considering it's the first turbo regal I've owned/worked on I'm very happy with the results. It was one hell of a crash course :rolleyes:. Most of the pics from start to finish here.
Amazing how much better these things run in the winter. It was around 50 degrees the day mine was tuned.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
With race gas, more boost, more timing (and a good tune for that setup) and some slicks, low 11's or a 10.90 is possible. Take your time when you get it to the track. Start slow and carefully work your way up, paying attention to how the car is running each run. You do that and it'll last a while.

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Looking good Jordan!!! I love to see Regals in colors. Black can get a little boring!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking good Jordan!!! I love to see Regals in colors. Black can get a little boring!!! :D :D :D
Thanks Dougie :). It is just like black though, it's an absolute pain to keep clean!

With race gas, more boost, more timing (and a good tune for that setup) and some slicks, low 11's or a 10.90 is possible. Take your time when you get it to the track. Start slow and carefully work your way up, paying attention to how the car is running each run. You do that and it'll last a while.
Curious to see what it does but it seems plenty fast as it sits. I'll pick up some ET streets at some point. Just not sure how much more the block and pistons could take. Do you remember what the combo was like when it was in your car?

Tried to take some pics yesterday. Sun wasn't helping though. Will get better pics soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.