Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jetta MK5 TDI. my mom traded her WRX in for a new TDI. why you might ask? well cheeper payment and better fuel economy. my mom got a shadow blue package 2 car. package 2 is pretty much the loaded out model. the car is a 5 speed. the car drives extremly well. the car is very comfterable. with the package 2 you get the seats out of the A4. the car has alot of room in the back and front. the diesel motor feels good and just like a gas 2.0 vw motor. my mom is averaging 41mpg with just about 400 miles on it according to the on board computer. is it for me though... no.. a simple no.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If that came with the 5 speed trans you better get friendly with the service manager. Many early clutch and flywheel failures and VW is refusing warranty.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ULYCYC said:
If that came with the 5 speed trans you better get friendly with the service manager. Many early clutch and flywheel failures and VW is refusing warranty.
ohh yeah.. happend to my brothers car ed. luckly this car's tranny dont feel like my brothers. its very smooth not notchy. they said for 06 its a new trans. :dunno:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what a shock i cant view cause i'm banned.. :rolleyes:

i went under my brothers name on vortex and i'm not happy now.. lets see how long this thing lasts :rolleyes:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
I like the VW Passat I rented in Germany. I would love to know if the TDI there is the same here or coming here. Nice bit of pep and surprising drivability for a diesel. Did great on the autobahn too (hence my avatar). But the one I rented was a 6 speed. Option here??

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gn85 said:
I like the VW Passat I rented in Germany. I would love to know if the TDI there is the same here or coming here. Nice bit of pep and surprising drivability for a diesel. Did great on the autobahn too (hence my avatar). But the one I rented was a 6 speed. Option here??
no its a diffrent TDI. theirs is 160 hp ours is 110. i too thought we'd get a 6 speed. maybe in the passat? :confused:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zap said:
You're worse than Rich Rezes and Zap.
:D
i think i'm banned from like 7 web sites. 2 are buick sites :headbang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts