Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first car show and it was absolutely awesome!! (Despite waking up at 5am and being out in the sun all day and burning to a crisp). I was the only GN there as most cars were 1975 and older. Lots of Bel-Airs, Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelle's, etc. etc. I figured that my car would mostly just get glances but 85% of the people stopped and really checked out my car and asked me tons of questions. It was great! I didn't think my car was that nice but everyone loved the paint job and the wheels. It's funny hearing what some people say when they are BSing to their family or friends. One guy was like "My father was at the Buick Nationals and the one car that ran a 7.7 in the 1/4 was running 260lbs of boost!!!" And some other guy was like "These cars do 0-60mph in like 3 seconds stock!!!" Although it's funny it's also nice to know that they actually knew what the car was.

Oh yeah, here are some pics from the day. I also have a video that I'll link if you want to see it. All done on a digital camera.

Front of GN

Side with T-top on

Side without T-Top

Me admiring my Baby

Me and my GN

My dad and I

Look at that paint!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Looking good! :headbang: :cheers: :6:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, oops. Well I bought it this way so when the guy who owned it before me had it painted he must have had the emblems put on wrong. lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I just have to rebuild the entire suspension, specifically the shocks and springs but I am going to do everything anyway because it's all stock from 20 years ago. The man who owned it before me torched the springs to lower the car and they literally fall out of the back when I raise it from the rear. That's why it looks so low.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
nice GN. Where was the show at? Too bad that you are so far away from the San Diego area, that car would have shown real well at the Bates Nut Farm Show a few weeks back.

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
nice car! :cheers:

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
baller760 said:
Now I just have to rebuild the entire suspension, specifically the shocks and springs but I am going to do everything anyway because it's all stock from 20 years ago. The man who owned it before me torched the springs to lower the car and they literally fall out of the back when I raise it from the rear. That's why it looks so low.
Seems anything shorter than a stock rear spring will do that, heck even the stockers come out pretty easy...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey, Baller760, You really got it right with the wheel and tire combination,
What size wheel and backspacing and what size tire did you go with.?
This is a real problem with many Buick Regal Grand National Owners, and gets alot of Flack when we ask questions on the Board, (No Patience)

I've got an 87 GN that runs great and looks stock, but when I get in and drive it in the Spring it rides like the tires are marshmellows, and in 80 degree weather has 50 lbs of air in the tires,(Stock Size) maybe stiffer shocks???

:dunno:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wheels are 17'' American Racing Torque Thrust II's. I don't remember the backspacing. The front tires are 245/45/17 and the rear tires are 275/50/17. My car rides like complete shidt too. However, I think it's due to the springs that are completely worn and were apparently torched from the looks of it, and the shocks are shot to hell as well. The suspension is on my to do list as the next priority in mods. The sad thing is she will probably rise quite a bit and the car will look quite different. But I'd rather go fast then just look REALLY good going slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts