Turbo Buick Forums banner

My First "Kill"

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ATOMMYD 
#1 ·
I've been a fan of the turbos for a long time and I bought my first, 1986 Regal T Type with TE-44, 42.5lb. injectors,3" downpipe, K&N ect., and on my first ride a Mini S pulled up along side on I-95. I was just feeling the car out and never having owned fast car I was taking it easy and was a little intimidated.
This guy keeps speeding up and reving along side and then shot me a bird and took off. Started at 65 and I buried the speedo as I went by. A great feeling speed. I let off and he went by, slowed down and shook his head. Then he went on defeated. The first. I'll be at Harpers Racing for tweaking soon and I'll be riding again.

#2 ·
Welcome to the Palm Beach group. How far N are you? There are a bunch of us just S of West Palm.
Dave in Lake Worth (just off of 95) is a LOT closer to N Palm Beach then Rick Harper and does a bang up job. Keep an eye out for our get togethers.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm located in Palm Beach Gardens but I'm out of town now, work. I'm interested in dialing in my car, I know it's got a lot more than I saw. If you have any suggestions who I should contact to tune and teak I would appreciate it. I'll be home the month of December. You mentioned Dave in Lake Worth, how do I get in contact with him? Thanks for the welcome.

#4 ·
Dave is at 561 547-0460. Shop is just S of 10th St on Botwell - a few blocks West of I-95. J & J Upholstery.

There is a pretty decent cruise in at Appleby's on the NE corner of 441 and Southern. Jump on the TPK and get off at Southern and head West a couple miles.

Get in touch when you get back in town.

Terry

#5 ·
Let the fun begin! :cheers:

Chuck

#6 ·
welcome! hmm i saw a white t in palm beach gardens the other day on millitary. really dont need much to do basic tuning yourself. just alittle reading and a scanmaster.

#7 ·
I have my 87 GN at Dave's Shop (J & J Auto) He is the best. He has been taking care of my GN for a while . I have done a complete rebuild on her. When you see him take a look at my car. Its the one with the custom interior. tell him "Tom said to take you for a ride". I just sold my 05 corvette which was running with the new Z06's with the work I had done and it make my vette look like a VW Bug. you will be amazed what these cars can do in the right hands. Taking it any were else will be a mistake. Dave stands behind his work.http://www.TurboBuicks.com/forums/images/smilies/powersix_graemlin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.