Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mad:
Coming home from work the other day and this raggedy Dodge truck is in front of me and turns (no blinker or brake lights). well, the bright driver decided a bit late to turn and overshot the turn and slammed into the curb and stopped in her tracks. I am stopped behind her waiting for her to get the flippin bucket outta the way and traffic is form a lenghty line behind me. So she starts backing up (no reverse light s either). I am on the horn screaming at the top of my lungs so she stops.......... then backs up again and puts her rear bumper in my pass front fender....caves it in.
I get out of the car and tell her that I hope she (white trash) has insurance and she says not yet...AWWWRRRGH :rant: I was ready to kill her. I told her she just hit a collector car and to get out of the road and i am calling the police.
We get off the highway and she starts begging me not to call the cops that they would tow the truck and her daughter would have to walk(she was in the truck with her). As soon as I hear her say they would sieze the truck I knew something fishy was up with her. I tell her to get in her truck and she kept on with the cry me a river crap...I got pissed and told her to get back in the truck that I was calling the police (I am sure it was somewhere around the decibel of old military DI voice) ...funny she said yes sir and jumped in there in a blink. Her old man pulls up, what a prize, green teeth and greasy hair...plain trash. Daughters crying ....I am like is this happening.
I wait for ever and make 2 calls to the police station and watch 9 cop cars drive by and 1 undercover pull over somebody and finally a frekin community service officer pulls up and get our info...WTF.
He gets our info and she has a suspended dri lic ..I am like this getting better by the second.
Then finally 2 real cops show and take over, she only gets cited for no proof of insur (WTF) and the cops thought it was a private property accident and I had to set them straight that it indeed happened on the HWY. Oh yeah one of the cop admires my car and says wow GN huh ..man u dont see them any more.
Now I am out 700 bucks in combined deductible for uninsured motorists and collision. I am going to take her to court for the deducdible and try and see if I can get a bit for the fact the car is a collector and now it has a accident on it hampering its resale value. I know for sure that I would get the deductible. I just moved back up here to Miss and am going to et the car repaited well now I gotta get this fixed.
So far the fender, headlight bezel, well moulding, and maybe the inner fender. Inner fender is bent over barely touching the overflow bottle so we will she. I have a connection with a bud that kn ows the best piant and body guy around and he can do bodywork like no bodies business and lay paint like flippin glass. So the process begins..... :dunno:

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
Man I am sorry to hear that, At least the person didn't hit and run like mine did. In regards to the molding those are pretty hard to get back to orginal shape which is why I removed all of mine. I do have the other three because I was hit on the same side you were hit on. I was told you cant really get those anywhere today.

ps: taking the moldings off actually makes the car look a lot smoother in my opinion.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
yep that sucks...had that happen to me in a gas station woman driving a suburban clipped my front nose as I was getting gas...thought she could squeeze thru...luckily her insurance paid 100% and I did not report it to my insurance and had a shop I deal with write the estimate..wink wink...good luck to you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts