Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a good time at bowling green. The people I met are really nice. The racing was awesome. I've never seen so many Buicks in one place. :D

Mike (orlando_87gn) It was good meeting you and your Dad.

Bob (bobbybuick) Sucks that you couldn't qualify, If you need some help just call me and I'll lend a hand. Get the engine fixed and be ready for the next meet. It was good hanging out with you guys.

Tons of people I met for the first time, I can't remember names sorry. It was good hanging out.

Hopefully I'll run my GN next year. I wanted to this year but didn't want to risk it breaking and not having a ride back home.

I put my chip on lean cruise mode and got fantastic mileage there and back. I filled up 215 miles ago and have over a 1/2 tank. Looking real good so far. :headbang:

:6: Jason

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
maybe next year i'll get to go

·
Registered
43 Posts
just got back home from the BG this year with the good ole SloGN. i put 1107 miles on her since thurs morning got 23 MPG over the entire trip.

I also couldn't stand it having SloGN at the track and not make a pass or 2

on true street tires(245/60-15's) i made 2 passes. This was @ 21 psi of boost with 3 gallons of 110 to a 1/8 tank of 93 and 21 degrees of timing

run 1

2.03 60FT
7.91 1/8
12.32 1/4 @ 105.14 MPH car rattled @ 93 mph 9.8 degrees so i got out of it. i think when i tried locking the converter was a no no and caused the knock.

Run 2

2.07 60FT
7.98 1/8
12.24 1/4 @ 115.09 MPH again @ 21 psi of boost and 21 degrees of timing and i also run the car thru in 3rd gear. with 1.4 degrees of knock.

i really happy that i drove the car there and back and ran a low 12's with street tires and got 23 mpg the entire trip

I'm sure there were people laughing @ me for running on street tires and the SloGN tag

BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
SloGN,
Those were some good runs and most important you didn't break anything and had fun running down the track in BG. congrats! :cheers:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
2 qk 4 u said:
Tons of people I met for the first time, I can't remember names sorry. It was good hanging out.

This means you met the daily minimum requirement of alcohol for this event. Congratulations!!!

·
Banned
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gn85 said:
This means you met the daily minimum requirement of alcohol for this event. Congratulations!!!
I'm not a big drinker anymore. I hate not being in control and not knowing what's going on around me. I had plenty of fun at the event without alcohol. With all of the drama and politics that seem to be going on at these events I'm not sure how to take your comment. Everybody has at leaset 2 thing in common at these events, we all like Buicks and racing. There should not be a problem getting along with everybody. I don't understand all of the drama. :rolleyes:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
2 qk 4 u said:
I'm not a big drinker anymore. I hate not being in control and not knowing what's going on around me. I had plenty of fun at the event without alcohol. With all of the drama and politics that seem to be going on at these events I'm not sure how to take your comment. Everybody has at leaset 2 thing in common at these events, we all like Buicks and racing. There should not be a problem getting along with everybody. I don't understand all of the drama. :rolleyes:

No problem. Just a lot of partying at BG. (ask me how I know) Glad to hear you enjoyed BG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts