Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set to replace my BFG's of the same size. I never really had much luck in getting a great 60 out of the BFG's. It maybe be more related to my cars setup...who knows, but I am hoping for better 60's out of the MT's.
Anyone running this size tire now on 16" rims? If so what tire pressure did you find to be optimum, do they need a hazing or a burn? Thanks!

Bob

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
I run this size on my TTA... I ended up at 12.5 lbs and a burn on the tires... they didn't seem to stick with a hazing....

·
Registered
819 Posts
BFG's are good for 2.2 to 2.0 60's (maybe). Should be able to pull off some 1.6 to 1.5 60's with the MT's. Tune in the air pressure yourself. I've got a friend that was able to use 26 lbs. I've had best luck with about 18 pounds.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have those on my TTA. I have not spun the tires after a burnout yet. But with the stock converter, I have only gotten a 1.79 60' so far. No tire spin either. I need to take some fuel out of my chip I think. But I think they will stick for a 1.6X no problem. I might get a vigilante in the future. Then I hope to get 1.6X all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts