Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 86 Grand National with Kirban Performance's GNX/TRANS AM STYLE 16x8 wheelswith BFG 225/55/16's up front and MT DR 255/50/16's in the back.
Current suspension setup is at the bottom of the post.

I would like to put some MT DR 295/50/16's in the back. I know that 16x8's aren't the optimal wheel for this tire size but it is what it is until I can get my hands on some 16x10's.

I figure spacers are going to be a must and I'm more than willing to roll the lips if need be. I see Kirbans sells 3/16 and 5/16 spacers but I'm not sure if those would give enough spacing from the frame. I realize each setup is different and so is spacing, etc. so I'm just trying to get some ballpark measurements and/or ideas from guys running similar setups. Obviously the last thing I want is to buy them only for them not fit worth a **** :rant:

Any recommendations or experience regarding similar setups, fitment issues, spacer sizes, etc. would be greatly appreciated, as would any pictures. Thanks guys.

Suspension info:
-rebuilt G80 rear
-lowered about 3" front, 1.5" rear.
-Savitske Classic and Custom Stage 2 Street Comp with lightweight adjustable upper a-arms
-Eibach springs
-Koni adjustable shocks
-completely rebuilt f/e with polygraphite bushings and Global West adjuster sleeves and Del-a-lum lower a-arm bushings
-front frame braces (F-41 braces)
-rear seat braces
-1" Spohn rear sway bar.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's alive! :eek!:

:D

Remove the four screws from the wheel well trim. They're already rolled.

How are you, man?

Sorry I don't have any meaningful input to your sizing questions. Glad to see you still have the car. How's it running?

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey whats up Dan!

Sweet deal. I was wondering why there's so much fender space in there already duhhh.

The tires look as though they will fit I'm just gonna need a 3/8-1/2 spacer and probably some longer studs according some users on turbobuick.com forums.

I've been good thank you. How about yourself? How's the T doing? My bad about not checking in I've been super busy these past few months.

The car is still running strong :headbang:. Me and my old man rebuilt the tranny a few months back as it was slipping pretty bad and finally lost reverse :( It was actually a pretty good time and learning experience however.

Only problem now is I think I either re burnt the 2nd gear band after misadjusting the damn TV cable after the rebuild, or the band anchor is somehow not engaging the band properly. I get major 1-2 flare on WOT. Shifts fine when feathering it, but on WOT it hits the rev limiter and doesn't want to shift at all. I'm probably gonna post for some advice/suggestions in the tranny section before I tear it all back out again.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hi Shaun....doing well here, thanks. Same old.

Sorry again about the trans troubles. That's bothersome. It was purpose built and I didn't expect you'd have any issues with it. Nothing is bullet proof of course but it was a fairly recent build with not a lot of miles nor hard time on it so I expected it to live a lot longer. Did you ever reach out to the builder here in NJ for his take on things?

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts