Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an MSD DIS-4 Ign. box.
I was wondering what performance increase I am looking to gain with using a product like that? Any gains on HP? It does have some cool features.
Also... I found an interface Module in Jegs that allows you to hook the module up without splicing wires... Only seen it in like 1 catolog printing. Haven't found it since. But... They also can't print all of thier items in 1 book.
Thanks for any info on this.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
very unlikely to get any performance increase either from the standard model or the HO version. As we always say, Conley ran in the 7s using the stock ignition.

If there are any benefits, they will be with the rev limiter. I cannot remember but it seems like there was a two stage setup so you could use one for launch? You could see if you can run a little wider plug gaps at a given boost.

I forget the number of the harness adapter but I did find it in the online catalog before.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
If you're interested,Jack Cotton sells the setup,I believe.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This MSD also has a ignition interupt on it. Theft deterent as we call it..
Hmmm. I wonder if my insurance premium will go down because of that.

The Interface module is made specifically for the Grand National. The directions for wiring up the DIS-4 is a nightmare. Ok. Not a nightmare. But a headache.
But the interface makes it a breeze.
Just wondered if anyone out there had something aftermarket on thier cars or not.
I know stock is good... But.... That lil red ign box looks cool.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts