Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam in the process of rebuilding my 87 GN.
I have been looking into Postons Performance kits.
Has any one delt with Postons and are parts of a quility nature? Does any one Know of a how to do
instruction manual on do it yourself porting of stock Iron heads.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Most of the gains you can expect with a stock cast iron "8445" casting will be found in the valvejob and bowl areas, I would say 75% of the gains found...(comparing to a full port job) would be found in the bowl area. Smoothing the casting surface does nothing to help port flow (and if it does VERY minimally) you are looking to "pick" up airflow velocity and port flow in the areas that are "dead" in the port. Take a look at the insides of a reputable head porters work, look at areas of the port as one section at a time, and perform your work accordingly.....You will do NOTHING but make the car a turd if way too much material is removed from the castings.....hence hurting port velocity.

<KM>

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had real bad luck with postons!!!!!! That is just my opinion!!!try ATR They rule and have great service!!! good luck... powersix headbang

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Hey, about Poston, I've had some good luck with them. For some reason I bought their headers. But they were a perfect fit and I have no complaints except that the downpipe they sell is total crap. There is a reason it's $80. If I could buy headers and a downpipe again, I would definitely go with ATR. I found that Poston is a really good vendor of all the little things you need here and there. If you want to stay away from someone, stay away from Kenne Bell. They need to update their catalog and parts and stop messing around with Miatas.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I dealt with Kenne Bell once!!
That was one too many times for me!! uzi uzi uzi uzi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts