Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a situation & some input would be great. I sold a Dutt neck intercooler to a board member here. I ran the cooler for 3 years+ in my car with new stock cheapo motor mounts. When it had the neck welded on it was pointed to the passenger side a bit so I drilled another hole in the bracket to swing it right 1/2" & it bolted up fine. The new owner says its straight but too tall by an inch & hitting the sway bar down bottom. Could this be cuz of old motor mounts? Any other ideas? I told him have it fixed & I'll pay a good chunk of it but curious as to why it hits his sway bar but not mine?? Thanks! :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
worn motor mounts could be the cause , and the dutt neck might be a little long

rather than do the mounts which should be done anyway have him try clocking the turbo upward a little and add some washers behind the bottom of the driverside bracket and make sure he doesnt have the top of the driverside bracket on top of the nut that holds the radiator hose

it should work .

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul,
This thing was in my car over 3 years & worked but I feel bad about it when I know from day one it was to the left 1/2" (that is fixed) but the height was never an issue with me? He did try to adjust the turbo but its hitting the sway bar & its holding it up? The best will be to have 1/2" removed from the neck & I'll just split the cost with him.
Hate when you sell something & this stuff happens!
We will get it right & any other ideas please let me know?
Thanks for the help!! :yup: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
does not sound like a problem with the ic to me...but, can't you just measure the height of the neck between the two coolers and figure it out? :)

Altho, it should line up with the original, and, if the original fits...??????

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Altho, it should line up with the original, and, if the original fits...??????

Good Idea Steve! I'll have him lay them out & trace the size on some paper & that will tell us whats up! Thanks!
PS: I have No reason to doubt him its just one of those things! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It's the kinda thing I expect to happen routinely. :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts