Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to purchase new motor mounts and was wondering what mounts to go with and also where to buy them? i installed "anchor" motor mounts in the summer to find out that now i have a clearance issue with my aftermarket header(s) are rubbing on the coupling on the steering shaft seems like the mounts raised the motor up like a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I have put new body bushings in and it helped a little but still hits under hard acceleration. I was looking at "polymounts" either both or driverside only or just stock replacement ones from kirban or cottons. If anyone knows if these mounts are better fitting than what i have please let me know and if you think polymounts are worth the money? my gn is pretty stock runs 13.20's on streets.

Thanx
Brent

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Stick with the stockers. I had H an R's and they just about rattled my fillings loose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the heads up on the polymounts what brand/make are the ones you're running also where is a good place to go i live in ontario as well and have a shipping adress in the states as well. do you have headers on your car?

thanx
Brent

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Stick with the stock headers. Get 'em welded by a competent welder if they're cracked. Can't remember where I got the stock mounts from.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's funny i just spent 700 on headers shoulda bought a alky kit instead i guess, i got sick of taking off my header and gettin my buddy to weld it this would've been it's 3 time, thought i could fix it for good with a set of headers it's too bad cause they look good on the car just wont clear that coupler.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
There's been lots of guys gone bottom 10's on ported stock headers. Alky...is by far...your best bang for the buck. I'm giving Jason a call on Monday and ordering his motor brace.

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Maybe a....

that's funny i just spent 700 on headers shoulda bought a alky kit instead i guess, i got sick of taking off my header and gettin my buddy to weld it this would've been it's 3 time, thought i could fix it for good with a set of headers it's too bad cause they look good on the car just wont clear that coupler.
Jeep steering shaft will.
As for the 3rd time on the welding... That material is about toast, and would not have survived a 4th....

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx old buzzard im calling the scrap yard today, i looked up how to do it last night did you have to unbolt ur steering column from the dash and firewall aswell? if so no big deal i gotta remove my break booster anyway, i could kill two birds with one stone while im under there

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
beachbum let me know how you make out ur rjc brace gonna order one too i think
Working 6 days a week. I'll try and squeeze it in on a Sunday...when time permits.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can always use the engine tie-down strap with the stock mount. The tie-down will prevent the engine from lifting up cause the stock mount from tearing apart again, you will still be able to maintain that luxury smooth Buick feeling. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts