Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to see the best Buick builder around here build some think like this, I don't think so. But If you think your the best, you should get a grip on yourself.

Attachments

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
I dont get it . how does that show a good engine builder ? because it has somekind of crazy collector pipe setup coming off of the turbo flange? imaginative and maybe somewhat fabrication creative to say the least . but no real indication of being a good engine builder IMO . if you want to comment on the creativity of the fabrication work ...that maybe a different story . :) the guy that made that up may not even be a builder but a fabrication guy . two different animals . :)

2nd question: what actual purpose or advantage would that setup serve... if any ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Pretty sure Don is a fabricator. If you select the time to go stage 2 post on the other site in the stage 2 section, you will see all his work and what he is trying to achieve.

Everything is purpose built for length and size. Will it work? I'm sure when he's done will see how well it goes. He had pretty good results with his other setup. Which I think was a de-stroked v6.

Brandon.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Pretty sure Don is a fabricator. If you select the time to go stage 2 post on the other site in the stage 2 section, you will see all his work and what he is trying to achieve.

Everything is purpose built for length and size. Will it work? I'm sure when he's done will see how well it goes. He had pretty good results with his other setup. Which I think was a de-stroked v6.

Brandon.
Dont get me wrong im not knocking the person who built it . it looks cool and obvious a lot of time and thinking has gone into it . and it looks like he's very good at what he does .i think i understand his reasoning behind it . He could be a great engine builder for all i know . I was just commenting on the statement made based on a picture . :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ohh no one was knocking anyone. I am not sure if he even built the engine. It's pretty cool what he is trying to acomplish. I think that post is almost 100 pages. I don't have to read it all lol.

Brandon.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I too like Don's imagination and his ability to fabricate. But I would pass for something more user/street friendly that would allow me to close my hood without cutting it. Way too complicated for my taste, but i enjoy reading and seeing people think outside the box. At the end of the day, it's all about what it runs, not how it looks. This is his old motor below. So you get the idea how his new bullet would look like when its complete.

He is not the only one with a welder and a imagination. Go see Wade at Maximum Performance. He builds and fabricates ground up 7 and 6 sec race cars all the time. Not too mention he also built my Dad's 708 rwhp 109 motor at 28psi.

Attachments

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
I too like Don's imagination and his ability to fabricate. But I would pass for something more user/street friendly that would allow me to close my hood without cutting it. Way too complicated for my taste, but i enjoy reading and seeing people think outside the box. At the end of the day, it's all about what it runs, not how it looks. This is his old motor below. So you get the idea how his new bullet would look like when its complete.

He is not the only one with a welder and a imagination. Go see Wade at Maximum Performance. He builds and fabricates ground up 7 and 6 sec race cars all the time. Not too mention he also built my Dad's 708 rwhp 109 motor at 28psi.
Mike is that the same Wade that worked at RedLine ?

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Yes Sir. He is two doors down from Redline in the same complex.
I figured it was the same guy . ya...ive seen some of the crazy nice @#%& he puts together . i spoke to eric latino a few years back at a buddys new years eve party . he told me wade was a excellent tuner as well as engine builder . :) at the time i got the impression wade was working for him and didnt have his own shop .is Andy from Straightline with wade now as well ?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Geezzz, i lost track of Wade after Lucky's......been a while!
Lot's of good builders around, i prefer to build my own and the satisfaction that comes with building your own motor.
I have 5 motors out there and none have ever had a problem!:6:

·
David
839 Posts
My vote goes to David Husek, He built my engine on a tiny budget,
then I "tuned" it (if you can call it that) and it survived so far 2 track rentals and 11K miles.
Believe me i don't have a clue on how to tune.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I figured it was the same guy . ya...ive seen some of the crazy nice @#%& he puts together . i spoke to eric latino a few years back at a buddys new years eve party . he told me wade was a excellent tuner as well as engine builder . :) at the time i got the impression wade was working for him and didnt have his own shop .is Andy from Straightline with wade now as well ?
The unit he is in did belong to Eric. Wade took it over and paid for the dyno that was in there. He is very good with the laptop as well, he tunes all his cars himself. Andy does not work for him. He has helped me out quite a bit in the last couple years. Definitely knows his sh it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts