Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was watching Myth Busters on Discovery and they did a story on adding a bunch of different crap to gas tanks to see what would happen. They added Moth Balls and found that the octane had increased. They didn't have any numbers on how much it increased but the engine was running incredibly well.

On the down side, they didn't recommend doing this as they didn't know what the negitive effects on the engine would be.

How great would it be to add some Moth Balls to race gas and increase the octane. Just a thought

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
I know a few guys down here that do that. Their cars seem to like it but I wouldn't try it.

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
I would'nt do it now personally, but I did it quite a bit back in the day on flathead fords. I would crush them pretty much into a powder and then mix well in a can of gas before adding to the tank. An old mechanic told me about it and swore by it. :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
mothballs used to have naptha or benzine in them...thought they dropped that years ago. Every legit write up that I have seen said it won;t work.

·
dismember
293 Posts
You really want people to think of Turbo Buicks as an "old lady's car" don't you? :tong:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts