Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to take my 87 GN to the track and know that you can go to Moroso for $15 on Wenesdays and get in as many runs as you can. However, I also heard that if you break into the 12's you can't run the car again there without a roll-cage. True? My car is a daily driver and I absolutely do not want a roll cage! I expect my car to be somewhere in the 12's, but for one run it seems it would be a waste, especially where I have no track expirience at all. So, is it true?

·
Registered
23 Posts
dont know if this will help since ive never been to that track, but nhra rules state that if you go 11.99 you need a cage not 12s, maybe that their rule dont know, sounds funny though. they also state that if you do 13.99 you need a helmet, so bring one of those. like i said thats the nhra rules, as far as i know, they may have changed, but that track possibly may have their own rule about it. all i can say is see if they have a website.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bring a helmet for sure, & make sure you have a drive shaft loop too. At Moroso it is 11.49 or quicker.

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drive shaft loop, huh? Who sells those for our cars that does not require any drilling?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 1 from kirban on my car, no drilling required. I'm sure they're more out there that don't require drilling.

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
I have my own track in my field, problem is I can't go faster than 25mph because it is so bumpy LOL :D .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.