Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a questionfor you guys .last year after spending lot more money than i thought I deceied to take my car out of the garage(in there since93)and send money.I put a te64 turbo 009 injectors xp plus pump\hot wire kit,9.5 precision lock up torque,100#valve spingsfuel pressure reg.cas front mount intercooler terry houston dump and all the little stuff .scan master and direct scan(if i can get it w0rking)and the gauges.anywaysgoing down the track the car would start to miss and fart.I would bump the fuel pressure and it would bog at the launch and still miss .this is on 116oc gas and a red armstrong 108 chip(running around 22 # BOOST. do i need a double fuel pump, bigger injectors? thanks for any info

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
How does the run on pump gas and street chip?

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on a reds street chip it runs pretty good 17lbs on 94 oct gas and on 116 race gas and a reds 93 street chip i had it up to 23lbs and as i was going down the track at the 3/4 area the car felt like it wasn't pulling and that's when the noise (missing sputtering)would be heard.

------------------
go faster?spend more money!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
In theory, the injectors are way small for that turbo.

On the other hand, I would think they might handle 22#.

Have you tested the coil to see if it is good?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I had bad results with C16 under 25lbs of boost. Try 112 oct or cut the C16 with a little pump gas. A 108 oct chip with 117 oct gas has strange results sometimes.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi steve ,i changed the coil pack, same thing.bought magnacor wires ,same thing.one time i lowered the boost and opened the dumpand raised the fuel(just to see what would happen )more missing and farting.fubar, glen, rad kid were at the track that day and the could hear at the other side of the track.

------------------

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Obviously it is the company you keep! How did RK shut up long enuf to hear anything?

You need a DS run to see what the O2s are doing. As you have changed the coil, it would sound like it is fuel.

Clean fuel filter? FP rising with boost correctly? Holding pressure at full boost?

Unplug the cam sensor and make a run to see if there is a difference?

I would think you would need at least 50# injectors at that boost normally-in my way of thinking. If you crank the fuel pressure way up, and it bogs off the line, does it run better on top end?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey steve your right .If i want to shut Rk i just ask him how fast his car goes or look like i'm pissed off and he will keep clear.all the guys are helpful.I do have a scanmaster and directscan but it wont run on my new laptop with windows2000.Ill buy another cheepie laptop(used one).the gas filter is new and while driving on the street its fine but with all i have and the results i got at the dyno when mike st eve(roug vett)help me i pulled 450horse and 569 torque at the rear wheels.that was without the front intercooler.at the track last year it was one problem to another.back bushing were gone and cause me to shake back and forth going 111mph.blowing off hoses,friend forgot my wheel lock at my hose meanwhile we were at the track,trans wasn't working just as i had it beef up and had the torque conv put in(check valve wasn'tin right)now the front intercooler is in the car gets all poly boby mount bushing ,weld the upper and lowers then the track closes for the year .OOOh Boy

------------------

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey steve your right .If i want to shut Rk i just ask him how fast his car goes or look like i'm pissed off and he will keep clear.all the guys are helpful.I do have a scanmaster and directscan but it wont run on my new laptop with windows2000.Ill buy another cheepie laptop(used one).the gas filter is new and while driving on the street its fine but with all i have and the results i got at the dyno when mike st eve(roug vett)help me i pulled 450horse and 569 torque at the rear wheels.that was without the front intercooler.at the track last year it was one problem to another.back bushing were gone and cause me to shake back and forth going 111mph.blowing off hoses,friend forgot my wheel lock at my house meanwhile we were at the track,trans wasn't working just as i had it beefed up and had the torque conv put in(check valve wasn'tin right)now the front intercooler is in the car gets all poly body mount bushing ,weld the upper and lowers then the track closes for the year .OOOh Boy

------------------

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
You guys are fuuuuunny.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Familiarity breeds contempt!