Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so ive been posting here a few times, and Its come down to buying a sweet modded 87 turbo I found, a lifted done up K5 blazer, or chopper. I do have a DD now, but if I get this 87, I plan on driving it a lot. So, does anyone have a very modded one, around 500+ hp, that they drive the hell out of? and are there any problems you guys face? im just wanting to know how reliable these cars are for heavy driving

·
Registered
81 Posts
My GN is pushing 383hp at the wheels and I drive it a lot.....for the past couple of years, with the A/C on during the summer and I had no problems. Make sure you have a good big aluminum radiator and it will run around 180/190 degrees during the summer. These cars a very road friendly and i avg about 20mpg....not bad for a 11.87 in the 1/4 mile car!! As far as maintenance goes, when I bought it I changed all the turbo hoses, complete tune-up and changed all the fluids and then I had a solid base....after all that I only change the oil and tighten the turbo plumbing hoses every once in awhile and that's about it.....GN's are rock solid cars. Hope you get the GN....good luck!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
ok, so ive been posting here a few times, and Its come down to buying a sweet modded 87 turbo I found, a lifted done up K5 blazer, or chopper. I do have a DD now, but if I get this 87, I plan on driving it a lot. So, does anyone have a very modded one, around 500+ hp, that they drive the hell out of? and are there any problems you guys face? im just wanting to know how reliable these cars are for heavy driving
Save your money. You will be doing head gaskets within a month and a engine within a year. Then head gaskets again then again. You cannot safely drive a 10sec car without breaking things not knowing what your doing. :horse:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
You cannot safely drive a 10sec car without breaking things not knowing what your doing. :horse:

YOU WILL BLOW UP A 12 SEC CAR TO !!! On the other hand I drove my daughters 9 sec GN for 2 1/2 months. Put on a good 6k miles with the AC cranking.. Took the car everywhere with no problems. She drove it for another 3/4k when I was done using it as a "rental" :D Drove the Mazda /Buick for a little this summer.. That also ran great.. SOOOO be careful with ANY PERFORMANCE car you get.. If ya detonate it they will ALL go BOOOOM !! good luck !! Oh... one problem I was kinda scared about. THEFT !!! Common sense goes a long way. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.