Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Does anyone know if Mity Vac still sells the turbo charger vacuum test kit? Mike Savino used his kit on my car today and now I have to have one. I found all kind of leaks I never knew I had. Also found out my Autometer boost gauge is 2 pounds to high.

Chuck M.

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Hey Chuck,

we will have to nickname Mike to MityVac-Man

I was surprised and thrilled at what he found on my car. Let me know when you find out where and how much.

------------------

Scottie's GNZ

[This message has been edited by Scottie-GNZ (edited February 05, 2001).]

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
oh geez...
stop...

Just be glad I was able to find it, in my otherwise destroyed garage...

Hey Chuck, you owe me an EGR..

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I owe Mike S.(Mity-vac Man) a big thanks. He spent a several hours on my car helping me trouble shot my leaks. After doing this, I would recommend everyone check your car for leaks. I think you will surprised at what you find. It idles and drives better than it has in two years.

Mike, I just spoke with Tom M. and a new EGR valve is on the way. I ordered you a new gasket and will get your loaner back by middle of this week. Thanks for letting me borrow one.

Scottie, I called Mityvac and they still carry the system Mike used for $58. I called a vender they recommended in my area and they want the same price with shipping. I'm going to call back and try to see if they will work me a deal if I can get a few people interested. I heard they were being discontinued and sold for $20 or something. The part # I got from the Mityvac sales rep. is #6890 (Turbo charger functions kit). I'll keep you posted on what I find.

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Chuck, I want one of those Mity Vac kits if you find a good deal. I'm sure I have a few vaccum leaks with the rough idle I have. Most Sy/Ty guys tell me its just the chip, but I want to go through the entire system anyhow. What kind of Autometer boost gauge do you have? I wonder how far mine could be off.

Hey Mike, how was the show Saturday? I figured it was raining anyhow, so I stayed at work. Are you coming to the Sy/Ty F.A.S.T. wrench session? I'll definately be there all three days.

------------------
Christian Dionne
Sy #1252
Orlando, FL

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by Chuck:
Guys,

Does anyone know if Mity Vac still sells the turbo charger vacuum test kit
Chuck~

STOP !!!!!!!
Don't spend that much money for it !!!!!!
There is a place called Premium (I think)...
Anyway their # is 800-432-8722
They sell the MityVac Part#6890 for the "discontinued price" of $18.41 each. There is; however, a $25 order minimum so get a couple of guys together and give them a call. They have about 38 left in stock. Guess how I know?

MJ

------------------
MJ

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for info.! You saved me alot of money. I'll be ordering two for sure and will check with a few other members to see if anyone else is interested.

Chuck M.

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Chuck--I'll go in on this purchase with you. I plan on going to Bithlo this Wednesday and I could pay you then.

------------------

Jim Anson, 87 GN with: TA-49; 50# injectors; 62mm Hemco; 3" DP; Walbro 340; CAS V-4; and SMC alcohol system. Best run of [email protected] with JL 110 chip, 110 octane and 23# boost.

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
Chuck put me down for one as well.
Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TE-44,
2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow. walbro 307, hot wired K+N, test pipe, Thrasher 92oct chip,160 stat, Pro Torque 2800 stall in a working trans (YEEHAW)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,

I called this morning and was only able to order 3 at a time. At first they said the price was $58 and after asking for the clearance price they sold them for $19 a piece. For some reason they would only sell me 3. So, call 1-800-432-8722 and order yourself one. A must have tool for us TR guys and gals. Jim I got one for you but probably won't have it until Friday or Saturday. If your going to the track for the Outlaw event on Sunday I should get it to you then.

We should thank MJ for posting this information for us. Thanks again MJ you really helped me and others out!

Chuck M.

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Chuck--Thanks a lot. You have email.

MJ--Thanks for letting us know of this great deal. That is what makes this board so great..sharing of info.

Anyone have any specifics on the Sunday event, i.e., is it open to everyone, will there be class competition or run anyone, etc.? Thanks.

------------------

Jim Anson, 87 GN with: TA-49; 50# injectors; 62mm Hemco; 3" DP; Walbro 340; CAS V-4; and SMC alcohol system. Best run of [email protected] with JL 110 chip, 110 octane and 23# boost.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scottie,

I didn't know you wanted one. Between me Mike S. and Mike H. you shouldn't have to worry about needing one. Your welcome to use mine any time.

See ya this weekend. vacuum leak free.lol

Chuck

------------------

The CAR Website

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Chuck, the rebuild kit is here. I think it would be hard to find locally, I'll drop it by either tonight or tomorrow night.

Mike

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a Mity-Vac and the kit sounds
interesting but can someone explain what the kit consists of and how it works...thanks

M. Scott DeVal
[email protected]
87GN
87"T"

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Yes, does everyone recommend a dirt devil or hoover?

------------------
George Macedo
87 GN
Central Florida GN & T-Type Club est. 1990
Celebrating 10 Years of TR's in Florida

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
Chuck, will you allow us all to use yours?
Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TE-44,
2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow. walbro 307, hot wired K+N, test pipe, Thrasher 92oct chip,160 stat, Pro Torque 2800 stall in a working trans (YEEHAW)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered 2 today. Does anyone want one of them? Let me know. SOLD

[This message has been edited by RSB (edited February 07, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts