Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i looked at the electrical harness behind my turbo, you know, the red one. anyway its supposed to have 2 lines coming out the back of it. it has the line nearest to the manifold which runs down to the Y fitting and the compressor/wastegate housings. but it is missing the other line. what is this line and where does it hook up. please help. could this be the reson im only currently running 10 PSI!

·
Registered
743 Posts
That is the boost solenoid; it is supposed to only have the Y fitting connected to it. Most people jump to the same conclusion, but just make sure the open one is left open.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Your wastegate solenoid may not be functioning if you are only getting 10 lbs, but there are ather possibilities. It pulses at a constant rate to "vent" boost that would normally go to the wastegate actuator (which has a "10lb" spring in it). If it doesn't pulse, then all boost pushes the actuator. Another possibility is a leaky actuator.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i kinda thought it might be a leaky wastegate so my neighbor gave me his wastegate which only has about 40K miles on it but it still only goes to 10 lbs. i am oredering my adjustable wastegate today to try and solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts