Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay I have tried two different coil packs and two different ignition modules in all the different configurations possible and I can't solve the problem. So I am wondering if both the coil packs and modules are tost or if I am chasing after the wrong thing. symptoms are that under idle or light throttle I have a very bad miss. but if I floor it it runs fine. I can run up to 20 psi (alky) without the miss which puzzels me. it tends to be okay when the car is cold but gets real bad after it warms up. any ideas, I guess I could replace the coil pack and module again but I would rather not if I am chasing my tail.... thanks!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I would make sure the idle TPS and IACV are working properly. Have a Scan Tool? Clean the IACV and throttle body and check the TPS for smooth operation key on engine off with a voltmeter or scan tool. Cheap and easy place to start. This assumes your chip is ok and programming for the combo. has worked well in the past. Good luck.

------------------
WE4, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP race cat., Postons Headers, 21/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, MM93chip, Bilsteins, Airbags/snubber,D40M2, 307 adj.reg./ gauges,scamaster,BSTC,small stuff too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts