Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the Mazda to Bowling Green this year, decided to trailer it since it's still got the 4.11 gears out back. I wanted to make some passes on it but the rain had me convinced it wasn't going to happen. So instead the Mazda was parked in front of the TurboBuicks.com booth all week where it got a lot of shutter time. I had fun driving it around in BG all week and meeting lots of new people. Immediate goals are to get this viper rear end (3.08) gears installed and bring the car to the Buick race in Indy (5 weeks away). It's been a blast to drive with working A/C and all the creature comforts. Below are some pictures I took while at the show. Ironically there was another RX-7 there that I took some 'comparison' photos with at the end of the week.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's a pretty sick little car, Mike. You did a great job w/the install. Makes me want to get my hybrid idea in motion again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
rx-7

mike the car looks great, how much trouble will it be to put the 3.08 gears in it ? you did a great job. looking at both rx-7's geez i wonder what one i would rather have ?? ted

·
Registered
18 Posts
Joe,

Fix the link in your sig. I wanna check out your car.

I'll agree that Mike's car has Clay and I thinking about some type of hybrid project with our spare parts lying around... :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mike,

The new RX7 looks great!

What intercooler did you use?

I hope to get my Porsche hybrid to Indy as well!

See you there!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The intercooler was a custom piece. It's a garret core with the end tanks made where I needed them.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I like the 3rd gens over the 2nd gen that I have :yup:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Looks great Mike. I can't wait to see its potential with the Viper rear diff out back. Make 2 sets of halfshafts as I'll buy a pair for mine to help lower overall costs.

The R1 model (yellow one) we PM'd about has no sunroof, suede interior, no cruise control, less sounddeadening, no BOSE stereo, no rear wiper, and a few other tricks to keep the weight down. They also included dual oil coolers to keep the turbo 13B happy under racing conditions. Mazda engineers.... always thinking :6:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
ummmmm...you dragged that thing to BG and didn't run it ??? I thought it only rained a little ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
547 Posts
gnx7 you hit the spray in that little rx7 yet.

What a cool ride.
:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts