Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting my engine back in the car, the starter was making a screeching sound at startup. I took it off and I could see nothing wrong with it, but I decided to install my mini-starter. Boy does it make the wire connections easy. My question is probably not related to the starter, but what the hell do I know (right Steve?). I noticed that the car takes a few more cranks to turn over than it did before I had the starter problem. Comments welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ULYCYC said:
You should be out selling ice cream....
It's raining.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, if I've learned anything in life, it's this: Don't try to take shortcuts. Do the job right. Everytime I have tried to take a shortcut, it has come back to bite me in the ass. Remember that, Ed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,735 Posts
very doubtful that it has anything to do with the starter...

go eat some ice cream
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve Wood said:
very doubtful that it has anything to do with the starter...

go eat some ice cream
I just had a Toasted Almond. Later this evening, I will probably have a Choco Taco.
 

·
Not a Democrat any more..
Joined
·
15,681 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
I just had a Toasted Almond. Later this evening, I will probably have a Choco Taco.
do they still make the drumsticks...have not had an ice cream in ages
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I carry Drumsticks and King Cones. Like is good, when your the GH man. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,735 Posts
Yeah, your like (sic) :sw: would be really good there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
90% of my business is kids. The other 10% is old people who want to tell me what it was like when they were kids. I have to listen to this for $1.50? :sw:
 

·
Not a Democrat any more..
Joined
·
15,681 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
90% of my business is kids. The other 10% is old people who want to tell me what it was like when they were kids. I have to listen to this for $1.50? :sw:
I thought you were one of the old people :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gbsean said:
I thought you were one of the old people :D
It's true, but I don't insist on beginning conversations with "when I was a boy . . . . ".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
On all the motors that I have broken in, it seemed as if the first couple 100 miles of break in had a harder time starting up.

Could totally be off, but it might be the tighter motor just needing a few extra rotations. :dunno:

Ya the mini starter is way nicer, could actually tighten the big nut from the top. :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,735 Posts
so, Chris, did the noise go away?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve Wood said:
so, Chris, did the noise go away?
Yes it did. The old starter was cracked at both mounting holes. Don't know what happened there. The mini is so much easy to install and connect. I'm going the whole 9 yards-turbo, fm, and dual fans.
I'm going to start a thread on dual fans and I would appreciate your input.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,735 Posts
I run dual Spals
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top