Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to exercise the legs of the GTR and 996 tt this Sunday as guest of the Porsche crowd it will be my first time so we wil see what happens :eek!: the P car is still bone stock as we are still waiting for the rest of the parts (turbo kit) to start the 1000 awhp build. Anyone been there?

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
Hey Carmelo, I was there a on St. Pattys weekend for the porsche event. Steve S. and I took a ride down there to hang out with another friend of ours who was racing his porsche. Call me, most likely our buddy will be racing there this week as well, and we can take a ride out there to hang out with you guys.:cheers: I was just talking to Steve S. about what car related thing we should do this weekend.:wink:

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Which track are they using?
We went to the SAAC event at NJMP in 2008 when it first opened, we were on the Thunderbolt side. I got to drive "parade laps" for those 3 days (very crowded) - in my green car. That is a really nice course, not too tight yet some good combinations. I have not seen the Lightning side.
Have fun!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milville...

We went to the SAAC event at NJMP in 2008 when it first opened, we were on the Thunderbolt side. I got to drive "parade laps" for those 3 days (very crowded) - in my green car. That is a really nice course, not too tight yet some good combinations. I have not seen the Lightning side.
Have fun!!
Don't know which track as this guy walked in to the shop last Monday very excited apparently he is a Porsche driver instructor who passes our shop everyday and said he can't resist the temptation not to stop by when he saw the toys we put outside (Bentley T 24 R (only 24 in the world), Porsche turbo ,GTR,Maserati,Supra,Shelby,Evo,M3,Alteeza turbo,etc..) he said it's on him and bring the Porsche and GTR it will be follow the lead car type of deal on full speed but no overtaking allowed since i'm a newbie but anyway who's gonna overtake over 100 mph on the straightaway? We should be there by 8am

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
I went to NJMP's open house event a few weeks ago. I did the fan laps on both tracks(2x each), which on more then one occasion I hit triple digits on the Lightning bolt straight. Although most of time we were at paced highway speeds as they literally let anyone on the track(prius, stretch excursion, mini vans, and Hondas)

I plan to do a track day for "progressive" lap program come spring as I had a blast and look forward to learning the capabilities of Cadzilla on a road coarse.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Have fun!!

I was then too then and got some semi hot laps in my Mustang,. Even got to pair off and beat a 68 GT350 Shelby on a straight a way.. Nice track

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Milville...

Found out today it will be the Thunderbolt event.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Milville...

Are passengers allowed in your car, Carmelo? :wink::wink:
We will be at your doorstep around 6-6:30 am sir and grab some breakfast maybe the diner to the left of BHP:D

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
I preferred thunderbolt. Either way it will be a blast!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Milville...

I asked if i could bring the Vette as it is more for the road course (full pdaft coil overs and swaybars) but the invite is limited to two but next time i will give the Vette a shot.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
We will be at your doorstep around 6-6:30 am sir and grab some breakfast maybe the diner to the left of BHP:D
As Copilot of the starship Enterprise....we will explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
milville...

As Copilot of the starship Enterprise....we will explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before!!! :D:D:D
Dang! that's some deep thouights Hoobs:eek!:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Great day at New Jersey Motorsports Park today!!! Carmelo took the twin Porsche and Garth rocked the GTR!!! Garth managed the FASTEST car in the Fast class!!! Congrats Garth...I was following the GTR in the Porsche doing 125mph in the straight and he just blasted away!!!! That sumbitch just plane old flies!!!! Thanks a bunch Carmelo!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
milville...

I can see why this sport is addictive nice group of people from all walks of life turned out to be my instructor was a lawyer and man he can drive but he loved the 996 tt and i let him take Hoobs for one session. I'm sure goin back there again it's so much fun and great camaraderie. In the beginning there was a race prepped Subaru STI that wreaks havocs with our times and it reminded me a lot of our GNs his head gaskets pooped out and there was a nice older Toyota MR2 with a large wing from Bucks county that was puffing smoke and i told him not to race anymore because it sounds like he needs a tune but he did anyway and his car caught on fire later,and another e46 M3 slammed the wall on the chicane, otherwise everyone was safe. It was a blast day:headbang: We were at the Thunderbolt.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
milville...

Would be fun to set up a buick to handle the track.
ha ha i won't recommend it because i can see the Buicks will be the fastest in the straights but will be all over the bends:D lots of fender benders, now with a nice lowering system and stiffer springs it will be a different story. I would like to see one set up for road racing though maybe the Ferrari Calamari:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts