Turbo Buick Forums banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
looking good, i quess ull be ready to bring that down to my shop soon?
Yeah Dave....door bars need to be fitted to floor and bent for door handle. Pro street bars need to be bent some more!!! Doug...aka "D-HAM" pipe bender works good once you get used to it!!! :wink: I want to shift the frame over and swap out the body bushings before you get it.:headbang:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
jhuber said:
hehehe....Yeah Rob, it's all good clean fun!!!
Spunky little 3rd gen!!! :headbang:
Would be so much easier to get the cage in had the damn car originally come with T-Tops, but my cousin should have it done shortly. Paulie would be proud of me though, as I cut the fuel pump access in the back, rather than waste time dropping the rear to get to the tank. Wasn't as hard as I thought, and makes life so much easier in case of a fuel pump issue.... :headbang:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
I'm honored...lol... S&W???
Oh yeah...S&W does it right!!! All the notches are nice!!! They even give you more tubing then you need so you can do some practice bends!!! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
I know, I really wanted the ProStreet bars for the back, but I'm happy with the X-bar... If I had a back seat I'd be taking my kids out in the car and I really don't like doing that... They love it, but I'm so scared to get in an accident and have somebody think I was racing or doing something stupid(And I'm scared that I'd have a dumb moment and drive too fast... Hehehe)... Besides, they always want me to do burnouts and donuts, I told them when they get jobs and help me pay for tires I'll do some burnouts with them in the car...lol...

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
jhuber said:
... want to shift the frame over and swap out the body bushings before you get it.
Good idea. Keep us updated with new pics as you take them. I had new bushings put in before my bar went in, but the body was still not centered perfectly -- it's about 1/2" to the drivers side. If I convert my 6-point to a full cage I'll fix it then.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Everybody is coming along, that is good, lol! Well, after convincing the wife to give me back my LS1, I'm finally back at home with the '98 Trans Am. Part of the deal was to get rid of the '86 Z28, which was known as "Project Lost Cause" here lol. I gave the Z28 to my cousin to restore, I just don't have the time for it. Decided to go with a self contained D1SC Pro-Charger for the GTA. Should make for a nice street/strip car, especially once the valvetrain is decided on. I'm still coming for your 10.98 title though John.... :headbang:

·
Money Pit
2,300 Posts
ummm are you putting a big block in it too?

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Everybody is coming along, that is good, lol! Well, after convincing the wife to give me back my LS1, I'm finally back at home with the '98 Trans Am. Part of the deal was to get rid of the '86 Z28, which was known as "Project Lost Cause" here lol. I gave the Z28 to my cousin to restore, I just don't have the time for it. Decided to go with a self contained D1SC Pro-Charger for the GTA. Should make for a nice street/strip car, especially once the valvetrain is decided on. I'm still coming for your 10.98 title though John.... :headbang:

Uh, I might not know much about L98s (thats the 350 right?), but you might consider replacing the TPI setup with something just a little better...:sw:

Are you sure they even make ProChargers for those things?:dunno:

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
ummm are you putting a big block in it too?
You're forgetting the most important part, Matt.

Every mullet ride 3rd Gen needs a big block! I cant through a rock in these parts without hitting one of 'em...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
mjdwyer23 said:
ummm are you putting a big block in it too....?
Umm, errr, why would you ask that lol.....? :dunno:

FLR said:
Uh, I might not know much about L98s (thats the 350 right?), but you might consider replacing the TPI setup with something just a little better....
Yes, its the 350. The TPI is restrictive in NA applications because of the runners, but regardless, it has been proven to make decent numbers w/out boost though, Click Here. Can also siamese the runners, if need be....

FLR said:
Are you sure they even make ProChargers for those things?
Yes, some fabrication will be required though.... :)

Video - 1991 383 F1R procharged Camaro. First pull car ended up with 827Rwhp

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I know, the price is up there. You seen the car man, the GTA is too nice to start taking things off; A/C, Cruise Control, etc. Can always step up to an F1 Procharger for more power, but the D1SC is just right for what I'm looking for, is self contained, and allows me to keep everything in tact. Plus, I'm not looking for nine seconds with the GTA. Turns out Gaspar just wants the body now, the engine and all of the stuff that I compiled is staying in the garage. Have no idea what he's doing with it, but for him to turn down a free T76, TPI setup and MegaSquirt, I know he's up to something.... ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts

Attachments

121 - 140 of 142 Posts