Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? Spoke w/Paul on a number of different occasions, as there is an '83 Trans Am out in his lot that is just begging to be boosted by a Buick 3.8 Turbo engine. There is little doubt that he can get it done in time before the season comes to an end, it's just the matter of what parts are needed to finalize, and just how fast he'll get it to go. So again, what do you guys think, should Paulie revive the '83 Trans Am in his lot, and call upon it to do battle one more time again? Hmm, I know of a '98 Corvette that is just waiting to be humbled by it.... :eek!:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DO IT!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have the drivetrain!!!!!!!!
John what do you think? Should he keep the 700R4, but with an adapter plate, or just go with the 200R4 w/transbrake? Also, what about the turbo charger? He might be able to run the same turbo the both of you were running last week, but knock off an additional 4-5 tenths in ET because of the F-Body's aerodynamics.... :cheers:

project89 said:
yall will prolly shoot me for this but....
.... hmm, how about a twin turbo Buick 3.8 instead? :yup: :yup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This would be a first (on a 3rd gen), imagine the '83 running the Buick 3.8, but Twin Turbo charged. Both turbo's dumping on each individual side of the front fenders, something like this....; :headbang: :headbang:

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
John what do you think? Should he keep the 700R4, but with an adapter plate, or just go with the 200R4 w/transbrake? Also, what about the turbo charger? He might be able to run the same turbo the both of you were running last week, but knock off an additional 4-5 tenths in ET because of the F-Body's aerodynamics.... :cheers:

.... hmm, how about a twin turbo Buick 3.8 instead? :yup: :yup:

If you think that the aerodynamics of the Ta is worth 5tenths in the 1/4 over the Gn...You have major screws loose,Dont tilt your head to either side too far...some chit might just fall out..:yup::eek!:

That sounds almost as absurd as that white jalopy beating up on a 98 corvette....no matter what motor is in it:tong:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTA-343 said:
If you think that the aerodynamics of the Ta is worth 5tenths in the 1/4 over the Gn...You have major screws loose....
Meh, maybe not five, but a couple.... :D

TTA-343 said:
That sounds almost as absurd as that white jalopy beating up on a 98 corvette....no matter what motor is in it:tong:
Them be fightin words in this here town paht-na. Alright Paul, you heard him, as he intends to be victim number ONE.... :yup: :wink:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I have an engine and dash harness .. everything worked :yup:

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
You have major screws loose,Dont tilt your head to either side too far...some chit might just fall out..:yup::eek!:
Great quote, may have to steal that one!!! :D

What about one of the second gens that he has?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I got a MINT 88 hardtop Formula if you're looking for a solid platform :cheers:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If Paul decides to go twin turbo, I believe Dave (project89) will be donating a set of turbo's good enough for 325-hp a piece. More than enough for Paul's TTA to throw the smack down (and THEN some lol) on Shawn's '98 Corvette. Oh yes, it's on like Donkey Kong.... :yup:

·
Money Pit
2,300 Posts
does paulie know about all this?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Of course he knows about it lol, I've only been on him about it for the last few weeks now lol. He's definitely itchin, but nothing is solidified as of yet, it's still being contemplated. The Daytona would be ideal too, mainly because it already has the suspension package, and it's a real looker to boot. The car is absolutely beautiful, and it's begging to lay waste to this Corvette that's been strutting itself around.... :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Been talking to Dave (project89) on the side about some of the various Engine Management Systems, but I keep hearing Paul in the back of my head say, it's not needed. It's funny too, cuz I then remember what Grumpy (Doc) used to say about aftermarket EFI systems as well....;

"The GM ecms are just marvels in engineering, it's just the games that they are forced to play that gets the code a lil goofy. Take all the BS out of the code, and the car really responds well. The more you work with the GM code and such the more you'll appreciate it. And when you can cross patch sections of code, well, things begin to get really interesting"....

Bruce was something else, he truly was a very intelligent guy. But Paul though is freaking unbelievable! I've read Grumpy's Tuning 101 countless times, but I have to say that I have learned, and am still learning, more from watching and listening to Paul in such a short amount of time, than I ever did since the old EFI-DIY mailing list throughout my time over in ThirdGen.org. Paul is DA MAN, hands down, and I'm really eager to see what he does for an engine management system for this project.... :yup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With the amount of work headed Paul's way lol, I seriously doubt this project will be ready in time, let alone by March. I do believe there has been a major change though, as the '83 Trans Am will no longer be called upon to do battle, apparently, the '69 Trans Am will be called upon, and resurrected with a Miller Performance LC2, and laying waste to all of the alleged competition out there. Preliminary pictures coming very soon. Was going to nab some yesterday, but it was too dark.... :6:

·
Irradiate This!
734 Posts
Hmmm. Project '69. :poon:

I know I have some work lined up for Pauly too. He's gonna be a busy man this winter. Dragstrips will be opening before we know it. If all goes well, all three of my Buicks will be ready for the strip this Spring courtesy of Miller Buick Performance. Technically, I have 4 Buicks right now though..... :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
ps/pdb / non a/c , manual windows , auto on the floor w/console , Fglass hood
I plan on putting an 8.5 w/3.42s (could also do w/ 3.23 or 3.08's and keep tire height stock )
should make for a nice ride with overdrive :dunno:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts