Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Irradiate This!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with a banner for Paul's shop. A few of us probably need to put it in our sigs with all the work he's done on our cars. Might get a big vinyl one made to hang in his garage. :D

A big thanks to Paul for his help with the white T and the sleeper recently. If it holds together, the sleeper should be a legit mid 11 sec car now. Its now got a TE44, 50# injectors, a line lock, 36 degree A/C, some good body bushings, and doesn't leak oil!!. I've got some 255/60 MT DR's on it and hopefully an HR bar soon.

The T has a new brake setup up front and good drums in the rear now so I can stop it safely. It was at Dynotech recently ( :( ) for a PTC race converter and nonlock conversion along with some other upgrades for safety and to be NHRA legal. Just a few minor things left but its essentially ready for the track. Getting a rear diff cover for it next. After some shakedown runs I'll decide whether to go with a roll bar or a full cage.

My GN is finally coming to town tomorrow from my parents house in SC and will be making appearances at the MAGNA events this summer. The only things left do with it is put the RJC power plate and boost controller I have on it and then probably an alky kit sometime this year. I should be able to do all that myself now that I've apprenticed at Miller Buick Performance for a while. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good deal Scott! I still have to get my bushings done, but I am waiting for some extra cash to come my way. (anyone hiring a handyman?) Paul, should I invest in a PST bushing kit for my car?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
well..sortof

i needed to get the 200-4r out of the 86 for some maintenance and i didnt want to work on my back ..so...

i cleaned the garage out :eek!:
installed an uppy downy thingy :yup:
and finally got organized :crazy:

Oh and the 200-4r is out and thanks to carmello there is a B&M quicksilver shifted th400 w/ tbrake in its place, but the converter was too loose , pulled that out and put a 12" (1800 stall) in there temporarily , i finally got a decent converter (vigalante) for it from Steve (TTA850) ,
now if it would just stop raining :mad:

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Paul,

Nice shop :cheers: I know you got to love that lift, looks like the height clearance is good too!

Murph,

Wow three nice turbo buicks, your ready for anything!
That white T is putting out some serious power for 15lbs :eek!: :cheers:
I like the banner.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
just need to photoshop out the 6's and insert a couple of monkees tossing poo at each other

yeah the height was an issue , needed 11'-11 1/2" , had 11'-6 1/2"
i got creative and its in there , will take a buick and even my truck to full lift height (70" to the jacking pads), makes tranny/converter swaps so much easier

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
You mean there was a garage in there?!?!?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Paul, is it strictly Turbo Buick related, or pretty much all makes and models? Exhaust work too (tig welding)? Are you planning on eventually getting a dyno?

jhuber said:
When do the T shirts come out????
T-Shirts lol? Me thinks one of you guys need to start making some sweet looking patches, and sew them onto those MAGNA jackets....

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Paul, is it strictly Turbo Buick related, or pretty much all makes and models? Exhaust work too (tig welding)? Are you planning on eventually getting a dyno?
so far its been buick only , but then again buicks seem to need lots of attention and the modding for more power never ends ,

exhaust and hooperloopers installs got a lot easier too, ive got mig and plasma ...no tig (yet)

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Looking good Paulie!!! :cheers: Why oh why do I have to live so far away???

·
Registered
852 Posts
So I'll be the first LS1 then. Both catalytic converters are plugged, I drilled a small hole both behind and in front of each converter, and the front is showing major back pressure with a pressure gauge. Not going to bother installing new stock converters, I already have half of a stainless exhaust setup, just waiting on the other half to get here....

pacecarta said:
so far its been buick only , but then again buicks seem to need lots of attention and the modding for more power never ends ,

exhaust and hooperloopers installs got a lot easier too, ive got mig and plasma ...no tig (yet)

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
What is with cats getting messed up so much lately? My friend Kathy here at work just had a P0420 code show up on hers, hopefully her cats aren't plugged as well. (2000 Firehawk/LS2)

·
Registered
852 Posts
^ Yeah, they're notorious for that. If she has less than 70,000 miles I believe she gets both cats for free. I don't want to go that route though, cuz w/the aftermarket exhaust, the setup requires them to be located in a different location, and the exhaust shop won't comply w/me. I have to waste money on SLP converters. How does her car feel, like it's holding back? Any noises coming from that cats themselves, cuz with mine you can literally hear the whistle from the turbulence? Is she getting that rotten egg smell yet, if not, she might be at the beginning stages....

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Rob....do your cats need to be tig welded??? Clamps don't work??? I have some new mig wire for stainless Pauly can use!!! :confused:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
id pimp a shirt like that :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
jhuber said:
Rob....do your cats need to be tig welded??? Clamps don't work??? I have some new mig wire for stainless Pauly can use!!! :confused:
.... I'd rather they get welded, just to be sure everything is all sealed up. Also, the setup that I'm running isn't a direct match w/the catback, so Paulie would need to get a little creative. Something a little similar to this, but with the catalytic converters;

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So I'll be the first LS1 then. Both catalytic converters are plugged, I drilled a small hole both behind and in front of each converter, and the front is showing major back pressure with a pressure gauge. Not going to bother installing new stock converters, I already have half of a stainless exhaust setup, just waiting on the other half to get here....
I have a pair of good factory cats from an 01 Z28 I could sell you for a good price.

·
Registered
852 Posts
^ Figures, that always happens to me! I waste money on SLP cats, then I come across a deal. Lemme see if I can get reimbursed on the SLP pieces.... :)

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Paulie, whats the shop rate?:D I need a linelock installation in my GN. I dont mess with brakes or electrical. Learned that the hard way...:crazy:

I cant believe thats the same garage you showed me when I was up there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts