Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do ya think of this for a hybrid? its an 86 t bird with a 5.0 in it. i picked it up for 500$ and its pretty clean. i was thinkin of throwing an LC2 in it to play around with- any thoughts? i started grand nationalizing it today with the black grill and head light buckets- heres a befor and after shot

i was thinking of paiting it silver and black out all the chrome

Attachments

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
That does look clean. I would possibly keep the 5.0 Not a bad daily.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need to get some buckets and a console out of a turbo coupe. im not a big ford fan- the 5.0 is slow as balls though lol. i have a set of shorty headers for it- i might do a cobra intake and gt40 heads with an off road x pipe if i keep the 5.0. i do miss having a v8 car- now i gotta make it sound like a v8 :D the paints ok- theres some surface rust under the rear window i think im just gotta scuff the paint up and take it to macco for a quick silver spray then paint all the trim black and a set of turbine rims- i might keep it for longer then i thought :D

oh yea and the ford AOD trans sucks :sw:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Andrew, not that I'm a big Ford fan but you should keep your Ford ALL Ford!!!
LC-2's are much better suited for GM vehicles...Except of course for John's wacked out Opel!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey hooberrrr i think i just locked myself into the 5.0- i just spent 600$ on exhaust, bbk off road x pipe, and slp loud mouth cat back- its gonna sound mean. now i gotta make it fast- oh yea and i need to make it shift right and fix those broken motor mounts :yup:

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
There's a TON of go fast parts for the 5.0
...oh by the way...You only left ONE tire mark in my street!!! :D

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
How about a nice 400SBC backed up with a built 700R4, and an aftermarket ECU ???? I know where there's a nice Turbo Coupe that's Chevy powered now :headbang:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jhuber said:
lol i was gonna smoke out your court but i saw all the rubber there and felt bad for your neighbors :D

i got a posi rear from an 88 mustang with 3.73s going in it.

now i need to go junkyard hunting for a MAF car. supposedly if you want to mod the mustangs you pretty much need to convert them to mass air or they dont respond well to the added air coming into the engine and no one makes chips for it. itll be a neat project.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
That last real dark set was from Friday night on the way to Fudds...#2 scared my neighbor so bad I had to apologize to him!!! Tonight when we left to go to Creanies he just shook his finger at me!!! :D

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
jhuber said:
Andrew, not that I'm a big Ford fan but you should keep your Ford ALL Ford!!!
LC-2's are much better suited for GM vehicles...Except of course for John's wacked out Opel!!!

From what I can recall that car is a BUICK Opel.

·
Registered
370 Posts
we going cruising in that thing when i come down this sunday? and do you still want that torn up Nitto? forget about the lc2 just spray it until it blows up. those 5.0s can take a 100 shot no problem.if you need anything let me know my buddy is parting a 1990 5.0 vert.

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
jhuber said:
Why don't I ever see these cars hopped-up? Shouldn't they respond to mods just like the Stangs? The t-bird's not a bad looking car and the Cougar looks even better IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
SinistrV6 said:
Why don't I ever see these cars hopped-up? Shouldn't they respond to mods just like the Stangs? The t-bird's not a bad looking car and the Cougar looks even better IMO.
A guy around here has late 80's Continental Pro Street thats badass...quick glance it looks a little like Andrews T-Bird!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just picked up a cobra upper and lower intake- now all i need is a throttle body, gt40X heads, MAF conversion, and a healthy shot of nitrouse to make this thing get up

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks jim- any chance he listed a price? i hate calling some guys that want like a crazy amount of money for somthing and then they try and tell me why there are worth gold :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmmm since im not a ford guy maybe you guys can help. its gonna have a the cobra intake, gt40 heads, racetronix hotwire and pump, cold air intake, 70mm TB, mass air flow conversion, mild roller cam, roller rockers, and the exhaust- should i put bigger injectors in? i dont even know how big the injectors are in the thunderbird. if i put bigger ones in what should i go with and who can make me a chip for them? thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts