Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Newbie!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figure that it's not really technical talk, so it was best to post this here.. After all these years she's finally getting repainted, so I've taken some pics to document her journey.

Lets start with how she was looking about a month ago:

·
Newbie!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then my Wonderful Father was kind enough to come down and help me investigate some of the "problem" spots prior to her going to get painted (yes the shop she was going to was going to sand and primer her, but curiosity about the blemishes got to me).

·
Newbie!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's still not done yet, she'll be done paint this coming wednesday, but I couldn't help but stop in and see progress...

More pics to come when she's done, as well as the shops "sanded and primer" pics when I get them!

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
that looks great, now just make sure you put the emblems back in the correct location...

your doing much better than me, my GN was in the body shop for 2 years. Of course I did a little more than a re-spray to mine.

Now you get to enjoy trying to keep a black car clean :crazy:

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Looks amazing, just got to shine up those tires :D

Why do you have to wait a few months to put the badges on? mine were done before it left the body shop... by me, but they were done before it saw the light of day. That was 13 years ago and they are still there solid as ever, fresh paint is the best time to put them on as the adhesive really grabs the fresh clear. Same thing when I had my truck re-painted, all badges were installed the day after it was painted... Again by me, can't stand badges that are on wrong. And tape lines :crazy: hate tape lines.

·
Newbie!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks amazing, just got to shine up those tires :D

Why do you have to wait a few months to put the badges on? mine were done before it left the body shop... by me, but they were done before it saw the light of day. That was 13 years ago and they are still there solid as ever, fresh paint is the best time to put them on as the adhesive really grabs the fresh clear. Same thing when I had my truck re-painted, all badges were installed the day after it was painted... Again by me, can't stand badges that are on wrong. And tape lines :crazy: hate tape lines.
Sorry it's been hectic all November so I haven't gotten a chance to reply..
I was told by the people who painted mine to let the paint cure for a few months and then put the badges on. I don't know if it really makes a difference or anything. But hey I just am doing what they told me. :)

how much did the paint job set you back?? i would love to do that to my GN.
With a little minor body work (some of the dent removal and some rust spots that had formed), $2750 was the final bill.
It (in my opinion) was a great price considering the cost of some of the other cars I've gotten repainted in my life time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.