*** New Location ****

October MAGNA Get together

Date:
Sunday October 14th 2012

Time:
12:00 noon till... (rain and or shine)

Location: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers 3605 Horizon Blvd Trevose, PA 19053

Directions:
Neshaminy Burger Restaurant | Family Restaurants Bucks County Pennsylvania | Red Robin

This is one of our new locations to change things up for you guys! Come on out and have a yummy burger @ Red Robin with the MAGNA crew! See you boys and girls there! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an FYI: I'm going to need as many 87 Buick Grand National's as possible to attend this event. I'm working on something big for the club getting us some national coverage. So if your an 87 GN owner make sure you save this date! I'm going to need all the 87's I can get to attend. More info on that to come! :headbang:

·
Registered
200 Posts
53 miles and 1hr 5 min and its on a Sunday the day i dont have to work!!! Maybe this can be my first Magna meet. As long as ya'll don't mind me showing up in my DD 97 Subaru Legacy GT or the wife's 06 Rav 4 LOL. It's a damn shame i have an 87 GN , but my issues are explained in another thread.
Guessing wives and kids are welcome?(stupid question i know haha)

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Do you like apples Jim?

I think I'll bring my 1986 GN and crash the party! :D

How you like them apples?! :wink::headbang:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hopefully mine will be done by then. :)

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I'll be there with the monkeys but my car only has a "T" on it :dunno:

Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
BUMPIN IT UP!! :headbang::headbang:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok kids once again calling on all MAGNA members with Grand Nationals. The surprise for this months meet is...

MAXIM magazine is coming out to do a photo shoot and interview some of the members for the December issue!

This is a MAGNA exclusive!

So shine those Buick's up and bring em out! We need as many MAGNA members as we can to show the force of black GN's and MAGNA! This is all from the GN Documentary (GNmovie.com) that is coming out this December for the 25 year anniversary of the last Buick Grand National that came from the factory. Maxim wants to run an article on the cars that month as well! So bring those Grand Nationals out this Sunday to show them how MAGNA rolls!

I've been talking with these guys from Maxim for sometime now setting this up. I did tell them we have some trailer queens that don't like to see the rain! :wink: As of now the forecast is cloudy and 71 for Sunday. We all know it could change at the drop of a hat. But to make the shoot worth while we need at least clear weather and sun would be great. While the MAGNA meet is always on rain or shine... we might have to reschedule this shoot for another weekend if the weather is not perfect for the photo shoot. I'll keep an eye on the weather and post here if something changes. Either way I'll see everyone Sunday!

BTW no models are coming out for this. Just the editor and his photographer.. sorry guys! :poon:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
As much i love the sexy stockers Maxim might need some coverage of a nice shiny 10sec car. People need to know that a 25 yr old 6cyl motor can do 10's and faster!! That will draw attention. Hopefully this is not just some 3x3 panel at the bottom of thier magazine Give us a full page!!!
If there taking pictures for Maxim shouldn't we be meeting somewhere cooler than Red Robin:dunno:

Stefan

·
Registered
829 Posts
Can't we get just one Maxim model...I need a picture with her on my up pipe :)

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As much i love the sexy stockers Maxim might need some coverage of a nice shiny 10sec car. People need to know that a 25 yr old 6cyl motor can do 10's and faster!! That will draw attention. Hopefully this is not just some 3x3 panel at the bottom of thier magazine Give us a full page!!!
If there taking pictures for Maxim shouldn't we be meeting somewhere cooler than Red Robin:dunno:

Stefan
They take a thousand pictures and feature 2 or 3. That's the way it works that's the way they all do it. When I was in Hemmings with my TTA we shot pictures for 9 hours and like 5 were used. They are looking for all types and styles of the Grand National. Stock, modified, and everything in between. Knock on wood the weather is looking better by the day. The meeting place don't mean anything. The way that lot is set up we should all be able to park along the side that faces Rt1 for a nice display of cars. I did the photo shoot for Hemmings in a place just stores some road stones. That's why they take hundreds of pictures and only feature a few. Those guys know how to take pics so it don't matter where you are.

And this is why we need all the Buick Grand Nationals as possible to come out! The more the better the pictures look and the more pictures they will use in the final product.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got the email, sounds pretty cool. Can't wait to see that documentary when it's released later this year.
I also heard Megan Fox was going to be at Red Robin? Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
If anyone is most-likely coming - please post up here so we can get a count. We're going to try to have Red Robin rope off a section of the parking lot for us and need some sort of estimate.

·
Registered
829 Posts
coming....with satan

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Should be there - hopefully good weather for the GN.

Mark

·
Registered
208 Posts
If the weather is nice I`m In

1 - 20 of 71 Posts