Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read my other post, you'd know that I put on a re-man MAF. Well, it almost made it home before it took a sh!t.
I figured it would last at least a week or two.

What is the part number of the MAF to be used with a translator? Where do I buy the the translator?

Thanks!

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, T-Link, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

[This message has been edited by shaunchrisc (edited October 20, 2002).]

·
Registered
445 Posts
Shaun, ramchargers sell the translator as well as LT1 or LS1 mafs, or you could buy the maf from your local gm store....John

------------------
87 GN te 44,009's,SMC
[email protected] 113, 1.74 60'

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the LT1 MAF's were the only ones that could be used...I just happen to know an LS1 owner that just changed his 40K mile MAF for a 3.5" one. Maybe he wants to get rid of it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
depends on how much fine tuning you want to do. when my stock maf dies I will probably go all the way and get the T plus and the extender chip,you can get just the translator and use your chip.......John

------------------
87 GN te 44,009's,SMC
[email protected] 113, 1.74 60'

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Get the T+, worth more on resale and the timing adjustment beats burning new chips for racing, alky. etc.

You'll use the bells and whistles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts