Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
dismember
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AF number is 5 at idle and it maxes out at 255. It is a stock rebuilt unit and I'm aware that a lot of these are not calibrated correctly to begin with. My question is can a MAF sensor be out of calibration even though the numbers on my Scanmaster are telling me otherwise? Meaning, are there other variables that is output by the MAF sensor that cannot be monitored using just a Scanmaster? How about the ability for the MAF sensor to react to abrupt changes in flow that our cars produce?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
87geeinn said:
My AF number is 5 at idle and it maxes out at 255. It is a stock rebuilt unit and I'm aware that a lot of these are not calibrated correctly to begin with. My question is can a MAF sensor be out of calibration even though the numbers on my Scanmaster are telling me otherwise? Meaning, are there other variables that is output by the MAF sensor that cannot be monitored using just a Scanmaster? How about the ability for the MAF sensor to react to abrupt changes in flow that our cars produce?
If the Scanmaster is reading correctly, then the calibration of the MAF is OK.

However, yes, there are other varibles, such as it's response time. It all depends on what they rebuilt. The board itself doesn't seem to be too friendly for being repaired, from what I've heard. Plus there is always the chance for the power supply in the MAF to be on the fritz, which will screw up the output intermittently.

The best cure for a bad MAF, is going to a Translator, or MAFTPRO. A search will turn up threads on both...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts